Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Question 2012 RS 17K miles Brake Failure message

Ok so, I'm getting the infamous Brake Failure message scrolling across my screen even though the brakes appear to work just fine (but I can't get my vehicle inspection and tags with this message coming on!).

So, the fluid reservoir is full both chambers to the very top of the lips, and I've tried pulling the sensors out from under both chambers to no effect, and I've tried just completely disconnecting the sensors still to no effect! The message starts scrolling within 20 seconds of starting this Spyder before I'm even sitting on it yet (much less have released my parking brake or stepped on the brake peddle even once). My brakes feel fine, I can see plenty of pads still left on the calipers, and the ABS engages properly when I brake hard on my dirt driveway. No it's never had it's brakes bled or fluid changed, at barely over 17K it's a baby still IMHO and there has been no reason since the brakes appear to work just fine!

So, what else can be triggering this alert if it's not fluid reservoir related? Any other brake system sensors I can disconnect to see if they are what's tripping this alert?

Do brake failure warnings trigger any computer codes that can be retrieved? ps. I'm also getting an O2 sensor code at idle mostly, check engine comes on as soon as I give it some throttle then goes off as I'm riding at >20mph or so then comes back on when I sit idling again so I'm perplexed (though I don't believe they can be related... these 2 issues are preventing me from getting my tags renewed right now so I'm frustrated ya know?).

Thanks!

IMG_20200317_150156593.jpg

- Michael
    Last edited by Michael211_2000; 03-17-2020 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Adding an image