Thread: At It Again!

Spyder Garage

Default At It Again!

I ordered the LED Headlight kit and the Billet Parking Brake Handle from Slingmods. The stock headlights are fairly yellow, and the parking brake handle seems fine until I tried to move it without unlocking. I do not think it would take much of a tug to break the plastic handle.
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
    I ordered the LED Headlight kit and the Billet Parking Brake Handle from Slingmods. The stock headlights are fairly yellow, and the parking brake handle seems fine until I tried to move it without unlocking. I do not think it would take much of a tug to break the plastic handle.
    You're probably right. That lever does seem a bit flimsy. I replaced my headlights with a set of LEDs from Amazon for less than $40 with free shipping. They work real well, although I have not done any night riding yet. I do like the white instead of the yellow though. It gives it a nice clean appearance.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    You're probably right. That lever does seem a bit flimsy. I replaced my headlights with a set of LEDs from Amazon for less than $40 with free shipping. They work real well, although I have not done any night riding yet. I do like the white instead of the yellow though. It gives it a nice clean appearance.
    My post removed because it didn't apply to the Ryker which doesn't have a radio ...... your welcome .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-19-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ??? . Did your radio go bad ???? .... a lot of them do because of the LED headlights ..... Mike
    No radio on a Ryker.
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ??? . Did your radio go bad ???? .... a lot of them do because of the LED headlights ..... Mike
    Radio? My Ryker ain't got no "radio." The only sound I hear when I am riding is the sweet symphony of air whooshing past my ears. Personally, I never did get how folks can enjoy a radio on a motorcycle. But, a lot of folks do have them. I don't even listen to a radio in my four wheel cage, unless I am on a long trip, by myself and bored to being drowsy. But, that is just my view.

Spyder Garage

the radio does not go bad because of the LED's. The HID's & LED's style headlights are very noisy electrically...It cause interference in the broadcast band that the radio receives. Usually just moving the antenna lead away from the lights or some sort of shielding
    by the lights will do the trick....
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like my answer.....