Spyder Garage

Default Music Playback on 2020 F3T?

Enjoying getting acquainted with my first Spyder after many years on two wheels and much study and Forum attention. Can a flash drive be used to play stored music via the usb in the glove box? or, is the usb just for charging? What is the other 'plug' in the glove box for? It is a small round pointed plug. Any suggestions other than Bluetooth connection to play recorded music? Any other plugs elsewhere on board?
    I love the F3T and look forward to many good outings. You guys are most informative AND interesting! Thanks

Spyder Garage

The usb is for your phone. Plug in if you are going to use brp connect. Maps, music, ect. Otherwise you can only listen to music on your phone using the round aux cable or bluetooth. Bluetooth you have to pair your phone to the bike. Then you can use your handlebar controls. Only volume works with aux cable.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 F3 Limited (not sure if this has changed on the 2020) and I play my music from a USB stick in the glove box, works like a charm. You do not need a phone to play music with the USB connector. Be sure to format the stick with FAT32, it will not work with NTFS.

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Johnv50 you have the old dash. 2018 and newer F3T and limited and RT have the BRP connect dash. Only can use apple or Android phone to play music. It sucks. On the bright side you can make and answer phone calls from your bluetooth controlls with headset like Sena.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

JP58 thanks for the info, The more I hear about the newer models, the more reason I have not to trade,

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue