Spyder Garage

Default Axle Plug and Rust treatment Information for Can Am Ryker

This is my first time posting something so please forgive any mistakes. Home Depot sells plugs (Stoppers) that fit into the Ryker front and rear axles. The brand name is Everbilt. For the front wheels you will need part number 755 651 (1-7/16 in x 1-3/16 in). This for the outside. For the inside (or back of the wheel) you will need part number 755 780. The rear wheel only needs one plug which is part number 755 651. So you would need a total of five pugs (Stoppers). Now for rust in the axles. Loctite sells a Rust Treatment Neutralizer that turns rust black. This is not a rust preventer only a neutralizer. It will take two to three coats for the rust to turn black. (follow instructions on the label) You can then paint or leave as is. If you do not have rust in the axles then wipe them out with a oiled rag and plug them. As I said before this my first time posting. I will attempt to attach pictures to this post so you can see what the plugs look like on the wheel. Wish me luck. Correction: The above numbers are not part numbers they are Store SKU numbers. When searching for the plugs on the Home Depot web site you have to list the following. Everbilt 1-7/16 in x 1-3/16 Black Rubber Stopper. Everbilt 1-5/8 in x 1-5/16 in Black Rubber Stopper.
    Last edited by Earp; 03-17-2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Incorrect Part Numbers

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Earp View Post
    This is my first time posting something so please forgive any mistakes. Home Depot sells plugs (Stoppers) that fit into the Ryker front and rear axles. The brand name is Everbilt. For the front wheels you will need part number 755 651 (1-7/16 in x 1-3/16 in). This for the outside. For the inside (or back of the wheel) you will need part number 755 780. The rear wheel only needs one plug which is part number 755 651. So you would need a total of five pugs (Stoppers). Now for rust in the axles. Loctite sells a Rust Treatment Neutralizer that turns rust black. This is not a rust preventer only a neutralizer. It will take two to three coats for the rust to turn black. (follow instructions on the label) You can then paint or leave as is. If you do not have rust in the axles then wipe them out with a oiled rag and plug them. As I said before this my first time posting. I will attempt to attach pictures to this post so you can see what the plugs look like on the wheel. Wish me luck
    Great information.

I believe I will be making a run to Home Depot in the near future for some plugs. I haven't driven mine in any rain yet so I don't have any rust yet.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is my first time posting something so please forgive any mistakes. Home Depot sells plugs (Stoppers) that fit into the Ryker front and rear axles. The brand name is Everbilt. For the front wheels you will need part number 755 651 (1-7/16 in x 1-3/16 in). This for the outside. For the inside (or back of the wheel) you will need part number 755 780. The rear wheel only needs one plug which is part number 755 651. So you would need a total of five pugs (Stoppers). Now for rust in the axles. Loctite sells a Rust Treatment Neutralizer that turns rust black. This is not a rust preventer only a neutralizer. It will take two to three coats for the rust to turn black. (follow instructions on the label) You can then paint or leave as is. If you do not have rust in the axles then wipe them out with a oiled rag and plug them. As I said before this my first time posting. I will attempt to attach pictures to this post so you can see what the plugs look like on the wheel. Wish me luck
    Great info .... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd .......... Mike

Spyder Garage

I tried to attach pictures of the axle plugs on the wheels but failed. Maybe I will get it right this time. There is also a cap you can make to attach to the plug. The caps are hard sliders used for tables and chairs etc. You have to remove the backing from the back of the slider and replace it with Industrial Strenght Velcro. You must clean the top of the rubber plug with alcohol before attaching Velcro to it. You can then paint them any color you like. The Sliders are sold at Home Depot. The Brand name is Everbilt. The part number is 192 193 (2-1/8 in). They come in a pact of four.[ATTACH=CONFIG]179562. Correction: The above number is not a part number it is store SKU number. When searching the Home Depot Web Site you have to list the following. Everbilt 2-1/8 in Hard Sliders.101_0024.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Earp; 03-17-2020 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Incorrect Part Number listed

Spyder Garage

I almost got it right.[ATTACH=CONFIG]179564

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I think I got the hang of posting pictures. This will be the last one. Once again please forgive the mistakes I am new at this.[ATTACH=CONFIG]179566

Spyder Garage

That works, too! 35mm plugs.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I almost got it right.[ATTACH=CONFIG]179564

love it!

Spyder Garage
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like my answer.....

Spyder Garage

When using the Home Depot web site to search for the Rubber Plugs you have to list the following. Everbilt 1-7/16 in x 1-3/16 in Black Rubber Stopper. Everbilt 1-58 in x 1-5/16 in Black Rubber Stopper. The numbers I thought were part numbers ( located on the upper right hand side of the package) were Store SKU numbers. Sorry for the mix up.[ATTACH=CONFIG]179581

Spyder Garage

When using the Home Depot web site to search for the Rubber Plugs you have to list the following. Everbilt 1-7/16 in x 1-3/16 in Black Rubber Stopper. Everbilt 1-58 in x 1-5/16 in Black Rubber Stopper. The numbers I thought were part numbers ( located on the upper right hand side of the package) were Store SKU numbers. Sorry for the mix up.[ATTACH=CONFIG]179581
    Store SKUs work on the website as well.
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Did you have any problem with the lug nut retainer ring clips that protrude into the center of the axle?

Spyder Garage

Great info. Picking up my plugs tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Not really. Just take your time to work it past the clip.