Spyder Garage

Default Daytona Bike Week

O.K., boys, girls, Ladies and Gentlemen!!! We have a grandson that is on a five year scholarship in the
    Army ROTC at Embry-Riddle in Daytona. He was on spring break and my wife and I decided to drive down
    and spend a few days with him. Would you believe that we had NO clue as what was happening? There
    were 1000's of motorcycles, all shapes, sizes, colors and LOUD!! It was quite an experience for us. We went
    to a couple of shops and I even got to set on a 2020 RT. NICE!!! My wife said to buy the white RT but the shop
    only had a the white one and a blue one and would not sell them. Gladly take my name and a check for later
    delivery. So, if you have never been there, please go and get your hotel rooms reserved now. A blast
    and you will have fun. It is a long drive and a lot of riders trailered their bikes down.
    Oh, if you want a lot of horse power, Can Am shop lot had several chevy V8 trikes for sale. I looked with
    greed and lust and my wife laughed at me and said no way!!!

Dray
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-16-2020 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Title - weekte

Spyder Garage

Bike Week is no more. It was ended Friday night. Corona Virus has come to town. One biker from out of town came here with it. He's from up north, but now in quarantine. Several deaths have occurred due to accidents also. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would imagine that the crowds were down considerably from normal.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I would imagine that the crowds were down considerably from normal.
    They were. Very noticeable at the vendor area. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I used to enjoy bike week when I lived in Daytona. Went back a few times after joining the AF, but it just kept getting bigger till it had spilled over into the adjacent towns. Not as fun for me, too many people and too much stupidity.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    I used to enjoy bike week when I lived in Daytona. Went back a few times after joining the AF, but it just kept getting bigger till it had spilled over into the adjacent towns. Not as fun for me, too many people and too much stupidity.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So true Warsuul, I live a couple hours from Daytona, been there done that, but no more. Why would I go there and pay $6 plus a hefty tip for a beer at Froggy's?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I stayed home (winter home about an hour away from Daytona) this year. Maybe next year. I'll bring the Spyder down next year if I can find a trailer.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown