Spyder Garage

Default Accessory power at key on

with out cutting open all of the accessory power lines does any one know if any thing else is hot besides the GPS connector at key on without having to start the engine ? Have been getting my GPS wired in with a new cradle & power supply New Butler cup holder. Got the bracket cut out for the powerlet socket yesterday mounted & wired direct to battery with a 15 amp in line fuse for my Electric jacket liner. Also got a new remote for my garage door opener .Removed it from it's case & removed the switch . Installed it in a small plastic box along with a mini relay wired to a push button switch wired to accessory power{ Used center section accessory power didn't know at the time the engine had to be running before it was on } to activate the relay. The relay contacts replace the switch on the remote & the box is mounted under the plastic body panels. Works great except you have to start the engine before you can open the garage door. If no other accessory line is hot at key on will move garage remote power to share the GPS power. Relay coil only draws a few ma of current.

Bill 2015 F3s SE6

Spyder Garage

I used a positive wire coming from my swingarm LED from Slingmods. You can also tap into the brake wire.

Spyder Garage

There are 3 customer accessory power connections provided by BRP. Front trunk, under the left service panel and under the passenger seat.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    There are 3 customer accessory power connections provided by BRP. Front trunk, under the left service panel and under the passenger seat.
    Those all require the engine to be on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst105 View Post
    Those all require the engine to be on.
    That's what i was wondering used the one under the service panel & discovered it was only hot after start up. Had already found the GPS connector ( thanks to a post by another member ) and got my GPS connected. so i just went ahead and used that connection for my garage door remote also.