Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My Ski season just ended *************

Well the Covid-19 virus has just ended this seasons skiing for me and everyone else who would have come to Sugarbush to ski ....... At first I was pi**ed, then I thought me @ 73, I'm in the Bad age to be during this medical event. ..... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I was going to get my NEW ( happy birthday to me ) ski's tomorrow...... I shouldn't really complain, this season I got 54 ski days in. ( last year 66 total ). Sometimes bad things are a blessing - that just aren't visible yet...... Sooooooooooooo now I'm really excited about the " just around the corner " Spyder riding season ....... I wish all here good health, to you, your families and friends....... annnnd everyone else in this world ( but not the Chinese Communist leaders who knew about this last November and are now blaming it all on the USA ) ..................... To any Administrator who feels my last sentence was Political, feel free to delete that, but please leave the rest .....Thank you ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Received an Email from friends in Maggie Valley this morning. The ski area there is shutting down today as well. I know many lives are being disrupted by this mess, but I also believe it's better to error on the side of caution. Here in our small town it is pretty much life as usual except TP is a bit scarce, no clue what's behind that. Our daughter is an RN and her hubby is a Nurse Practitioner and they are gearing up for the long hours that we hope don't come. Everyone keep your heads down until this mess passes and we see each other on the road.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I wish all here good health, to you, your families and friends....... annnnd everyone else in this world ( but not the Chinese Communist leaders who knew about this last November and are now blaming it all on the USA ) ..................... To any Administrator who feels my last sentence was Political, feel free to delete that, but please leave the rest .....Thank you ...... Mike
    +1

Mt Rose just got almost 2 feet ----With more to come. We call it Miracle March Many, Many ski resorts have closed ( some only for a week or two) but not Rose. We'll be skiing till late April.
    Lew L

EDIT: All the ski resorts around us are closed safe one small one. I hope Rose doesn't join with the others.
    Last edited by Lew L; 03-15-2020 at 11:10 AM. Reason: EDIT
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Most people are entering a "safe, rather than sorry" mode these days. Even in small town AR, people are avoiding going out and staying at home rather than "exposing" themselves to potential virus contact.

Our small town grocery was not to busy yesterday. But the TP and hand sanitizer sections were bare. Everything else was okay. The TP thing is a bunch of "crap," in my opinion.

The WalMart in the town next to us...was a mad house. We are trying to stay away from there for the time being.

I read somewhere that people are snapping TP up because they feel better with "large" packages in storage during a crises. Remember back in the "gas shortage" days? Johnny Carson made a joke about a shortage of TP coming, and within a week, the stores were cleaned out. I did not bite.

Bottom line, we are trying to be as "normal" as possible, but are going to avoid large crowds for the time being. Living out in the country does not hurt.

A good thread to post on if you have chatty information. Just keep the political stuff out of it. Blaming anyone for this is not going to solve anything. So far BK, I am letting it ride. There are four others who will look it over too.

The previous two threads did not last once the bad stuff came in. Let's try to keep this one sane and on point.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-15-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Of note to SLovers...the BRP tour has currently been cancelled due to the Corona virus. Cptjam has posted the information in his sabbatical thread.

They are going to re-evaluate April 15th.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...way-sabbatical!
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-15-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Wisconsin is pretty much shut down as of midnight tonight. No gatherings of 50 people, schools, meetings ,etc....Looks like the shut down period is until April 3rd for sure. That would be tough having new skis and nowhere to go with them Mike....That's like spring ordering a snowmobile...LOL...I guess this thing is gettin' real now.....be safe everyone, and please don't panic buy
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Utah Ski resorts are shutting down also, schools are canceled, colleges have sent students home and told them to finish their classes on line.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Schools closed going online here too, my work closed we are all remote for the next 2 weeks minimum. My son is home for spring break and they are online for a few weeks minimum afterwards. He has friends on overseas programs, some have made it home after being gouged by the airlines for ticket changes and some are stranded and unable to leave and come home.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

So far our ski resort at Terry Peak hasn’t closed yet but is scheduled to on 5 April anyway. Might even make it up there this week.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

According to the Durango Herald, All Colorado ski resorts have been shut down for the season by the governor. Purgatory was on schedule for its longest season in history, now will be one of the shortest.

Be safe out there.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Mohawk closed suddenly. A combination of poor conditions and the virus.
    Belleayre remains open, but they shut down the gondola for fear of enclosed spaces.
    The good news is.................... I've scored a supply of toilet paper. Hot Damn !!!
    20200315_140745.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Mohawk closed suddenly. A combination of poor conditions and the virus.
    Belleayre remains open, but they shut down the gondola for fear of enclosed spaces.
    The good news is.................... I've scored a supply of toilet paper. Hot Damn !!!
    20200315_140745.jpg
    Before I figured out an alternative, the shortive of T.P. would have been a big concern for me. .....Why ... because I have a sinus drainage condition that require's me to blow my nose frequently ...... so my alternative is to use yesterday's " T " shirt ... ie. underwear to blow my nose, that garment then goes into the wash and is replaced by the new one ....... this isn't for everyone , but it works for ....... I hope you can find some more in the next few months....... for me, my reduction in T.P. use is about 90% ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Before I figured out an alternative, the shortive of T.P. would have been a big concern for me. .....Why ... because I have a sinus drainage condition that require's me to blow my nose frequently ...... so my alternative is to use yesterday's " T " shirt ... ie. underwear to blow my nose, that garment then goes into the wash and is replaced by the new one ....... this isn't for everyone , but it works for ....... I hope you can find some more in the next few months....... for me, my reduction in T.P. use is about 90% ....... Mike
    The handkerchief makes a comeback!
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike. That's definitely too much sharing.

Oh, I just read, that Bealleayre is closed as of today as well. All the ORDA managed slopes are now closed.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I thought my wife was starting a new quilt, but turns out it is reusable TP

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Well, I guess those new skis are just gonna have to wait! Doesn't sound like you can even travel to ski now. Snow back in the forecast in our neck 'o the woods...crappy weather!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, my first get away for this year is mid to late April. The wife and I are just taking a little break down at Myrtle Beach. I just got notification from Booking.com saying that we could change dates with no issues, but right now we are still planning on going. We will just sanitize things where we will be staying. As for the rest of the trip, it will be just the 2 of us and an ocean front suite. Not going to even try to be around other people.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white