Spyder Garage

Default Question on extended warranty

We just picked up a 2019 f 3 limited. I asked the finance guy about extended warranty. Did not want today but after we have it awhile and know husband likes and will keep it, wanted to know price of Best warranty from them. I had seen $621-671 for 3 years mentioned here. He said they don’t sell that, it does not cover nearly as much as the warranty group first extended does. It is $1296 now for total of 72 months. I said I wanted one that is taken everywhere and he said this one is accepted at any can am dealer? So just curious what you think about this. They had no brochures for different warranties and gave me a basic one that shows boats off road etc. seems strange they will not sell BEST warranty.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You know the old adage about how you can tell if a salesman is lying? See if his lips are moving! This finance guy is a salesman first, finance man second.

Two great things about the BEST warranty. You don't have to buy it from the guy who sold you your Spyder. All Spyder dealers are required to honor it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by idahomtnspyder View Post
    you know the old adage about how you can tell if a salesman is lying? See if his lips are moving! This finance guy is a salesman first, finance man second.

Two great things about the best warranty. You don't have to buy it from the guy who sold you your spyder. All spyder dealers are required to honor it.
    What he said!!!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First thing to consider are the policy exclusions, read them very carefully. Second would be the benefits and what states honor the policy and which states don't. Then price shop by phone or computer. There are some really good prices for long term policies out there if you look for them.

Spyder Garage

The salesman/finance person speak with forked tongue. There are $621-671 BEST warranties for sale out there. You cannot blame the dealer for trying to make a little extra profit margin on the sale. That's the American way.

There ARE dealers who are willing to share the profits with the buyer. I will name three that I know of. iMotorsports, Sierra Cycles, and Berts Mega Mall. Others may also know one or two. BEST, is really the BEST one because it is from BRP and ALL the dealers accept it.

That's my .02 on the subject.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks. That is what I figured. Not happy not willing to even sell the BEST warranty. This dealer is closest to us and had the color we wanted in a 2019. Good price. But, they had no way to measure what my husband needed for the setup on the f3 limited as he is 6’ 3” and needed to buy the extension. Unfortunately they guessed at 4 but could use a little more extension so have to buy the 5 for $20. Husband said it is easy so he will install. I would have thought they would have a fitting tool there to help determine that. In hindsight, perhaps not the place we should have bought from. BUT we have a beautiful blue F3 limited sitting in the garage and that is most important!! And we have this great forum to look to for answers on any future needs. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deblog View Post
    Thanks. That is what I figured. Not happy not willing to even sell the BEST warranty. This dealer is closest to us and had the color we wanted in a 2019. Good price. But, they had no way to measure what my husband needed for the setup on the f3 limited as he is 6’ 3” and needed to buy the extension. Unfortunately they guessed at 4 but could use a little more extension so have to buy the 5 for $20. Husband said it is easy so he will install. I would have thought they would have a fitting tool there to help determine that. In hindsight, perhaps not the place we should have bought from. BUT we have a beautiful blue F3 limited sitting in the garage and that is most important!! And we have this great forum to look to for answers on any future needs. Thanks!
    The blue 2019 is a great looking machine. I ended up with the orange...but was also drawn by the blue.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Blue

Got to love the Blue. Nice job on your Bike Color. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quick question.

I’m looking to add 24-36 months of BEST warranty to my 2019 Ryker Rally. My initial 12 month warranty expires in a couple of weeks.

My dealer quoted me $850 to add 24 months, around $1,000 to add 36 months. Imotorsports quoted me $521 and $621 respectively.

Is there that much difference in dealer discounts between dealerships? Or are there variations in what BEST warranty includes where I might be asking the wrong questions?

My dealer is small but gave me incredible deal on the Ryker and accessories when I purchased it. I could justify paying $100 more but not $300-400 more for the same coverage.....

Spyder Garage

Dealers pay the same, and it's as simple as entering a VIN # into the BRP system and collecting the money. Your dealer can match other dealers IF they want to..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deblog View Post
    The blue Spyders in any model get the best gas mileage and are also faster!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buy the BEST from whoever has the best price, it will not matter at all when you go to use it. You could ask your dealer to price match but if they won’t then buy it elsewhere.

I agree 100% on buying BEST over other policies. I always purchased BEST but on my current Spyder I went with another company and am very disappointed with it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622