Spyder Garage

Default Service: Indianapolis or Clarksville?

It's getting about that time to get the Spyder serviced. I am right between CC Powersports in Clarksville and Flat Out Motorsports in Indianapolis.
    If anyone has any opinions on which one is better, it will help me decide if I head north or south for service.

Spyder Garage

I'd travel an hour north of Indianapolis and go to Maximum Powersports in Peru, IN. https://www.maximumpower-sports.com/ When I lived in Indy, many of us Brickyard Spyder Ryders went there for service. They were very knowledgeable and reasonably priced. Just to give you an example, my first service (3000 miles) on my 2016 F3 Limited was one hour labor plus parts. At the time, their labor rate was $80.00 an hour. Now, that was four years ago, but still. Give them a call and see. I would always make an appointment so I was the first one of the day. I never left it overnight.

Things may have changed, but Maximum would not install a car tire on the Spyder. Flatout, at times, would and at times wouldn't. Be sure to call ahead and ask those important questions.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Service

Get a quote from both. Where did you purchase your Spyder? I have only been at Flatout for service. They were good to me. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

My Spyder came from iMotorsports in Chicago. Traded in two bikes, and they gave me the best trade value.
    My 3000 was at Flatout in Martinsville and had good service there. Too bad I-69 killed their business. :sad:
    I’ll call around to see who has the best rates, including Maximum. A road trip is always a good thing!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whizwaz View Post
    I’ll call around to see who has the best rates, including Maximum. A road trip is always a good thing!
    Be sure to post your results in here. It'll be interesting what you learn.

Also, there's another dealer in Indy: Dreyer Honda/Can Am https://www.dreyerhonda.com/ Check their rates, too.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Dreyer Honda/Can Am is the sponsor dealer for the Brickyard Chapter of US Spyder Ryders. For purchase - I'd pick them hands down over Flatout. I am not a fan of Flatout at all. I do all my own service - except for the first service - which we let Dreyer do since they are so much closer to us than Maximum. I've also used Maximum for major issues on an old Spyder and they were very good to us. They are the sponsor dealer for the North Central Chapter of US Spyder Ryders.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black