Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle Made in India Gives the Best Bang for Your Biking Buck

2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks …. harkens me back to my Norton Commando days ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Today's Royal Endfields are well made and they have a variety of styles, vintage, military and more.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I had a 2001 350 that I bought back when they were first getting into the U.S. market. Only a few 350's were imported as most were 500's. It was no speedster and is happiest at 55 MPH. Maintenance is a snap, it just won't break or die, and I swear the thing will run on cheap whiskey. It's a lot of fun for an evening cruise around the back roads. This one can't compare to the new ones which are pretty good bikes. I would like a 650, but I need to be thinning the herd and not adding to it.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Honestly, the could have done better than sub 50 HP. On American freeways you need over 50 HP. Better gearing to keep you at 75 mph or better helps as well, and your best defense is your offense in the MC world. You have to be able to get away....47 HP will leave people wanting for more, and that can be dangerous for new riders, all I am saying. I like the look, I love the price, and they would fit very well on my local roads, but I need freeway speeds, sustainable, and I am not getting that impression from this review. That is why I keep the ton standard, and I have owned 650's. Hyosung makes a 650 that can do 125 mph, and can hang at freeway speeds all day, and its LC as well. They failed in our market, I dont think you can get new ones now.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

ANd its a bad year to be launching new lines in our economy now....I am probably going to pull my Triumph off the market, I wont get asking price for it now. Not with the way the market is blowing up lately.

Spyder Garage

I'd have to sell the poor, old, slow V-Max to get one---- even though I'd rather have a Triumph Thruxton.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

The information brings back some memories. Bought my first MC in 65. Bills Sales and Service in Duluth MN. They had most all of the Brit lines. Triumph, Norton, BSA, Royal Enfield, and Yamaha. Yamaha won. I was afraid of those Triumphs, very loud and fast.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That Thruxton I have is perfect, goes to the rev limiter in every gear with the power commander and the air kit and pipes, its hot....I want 5500, but I have a lot of brass on mine, and its the forest green with the gold stripes. I am patient. I want what I want. Its just gonna be the wrong year to sell it. Oh upgraded LED lighting (complete) with a tail tidy too, its pretty sweet.....

Thruxton_3.jpg

Thruxton_1.jpg

Feb Ride 4.jpg

Spyder Garage

The information brings back some memories. Bought my first MC in 65. Bills Sales and Service in Duluth MN. They had most all of the Brit lines. Triumph, Norton, BSA, Royal Enfield, and Yamaha. Yamaha won. I was afraid of those Triumphs, very loud and fast.
    I am old enough to have heard of that store, and I used to shop at the one in Fartgo ND too. Ma's Cycles.....and then there was the man the legend, Del at Fartgo Harley Davidson when it was in the OLD West Fartgo Warehouse area. Del was an alright dude....he used to tell my wife she needed to take over the line backer core at NDSU when he found out she worked at the state psych hospital....lol.....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The downside of linking to anything on Bloomberg is you can only view a few, 3 maybe, articles before you have to subscribe. They don't let you anywhere beyond the first three or four hundred words in private mode.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)