Spyder Garage

Default Spyders riders in Middle or South Georgia

Guys,
    Are there any Spyder riders in the middle or south Georgia, or maybe north Florida that ride as a group anytime! We live in Nashville, GA and their are only 3 Spyders in our area! We ride with other two wheel riders, but it looks like the motorcycle fade is about over. Our little group is very small and only our Spyder in the group! We been riding, wife and my self for years, on Honda's, Yamaha's, and several Harleys, but it seems our age group has either died off or give up riding! Just look at what is happening to Harley Davidson, with the baby boomers dying off, and the newer generation buying other types of bikes or not riding motorcycle at all! That is why the Spyder rally in Maggie's Valley is so important to us, it gives us a chance to attend and ride with new friends! We have owned a 2013 RT Limited, a 2016 RT Limited and now a 2018 F-3 Limited, so riding a Spyder is not new to us!
    If you know of any groups or want to form a new group, please let us know, if not, I guess I am ready to sell our and quit riding! Thanks for any comments!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Guys,
    Are there any Spyder riders in the middle or south Georgia, or maybe north Florida that ride as a group anytime! We live in Nashville, GA and their are only 3 Spyders in our area! We ride with other two wheel riders, but it looks like the motorcycle fade is about over. Our little group is very small and only our Spyder in the group! We been riding, wife and my self for years, on Honda's, Yamaha's, and several Harleys, but it seems our age group has either died off or give up riding! Just look at what is happening to Harley Davidson, with the baby boomers dying off, and the newer generation buying other types of bikes or not riding motorcycle at all! That is why the Spyder rally in Maggie's Valley is so important to us, it gives us a chance to attend and ride with new friends! We have owned a 2013 RT Limited, a 2016 RT Limited and now a 2018 F-3 Limited, so riding a Spyder is not new to us!
    If you know of any groups or want to form a new group, please let us know, if not, I guess I am ready to sell our and quit riding! Thanks for any comments!
    50 miles or so south of Valdosta, GA in North FL. It is same all over. People I rode with for 30 or 40 years are either dead or taking care of invalid spouses and can't ride much. The old Southern Cruiser chapter here has disbanded after only a few show up for several rides. Hurricane Michael wiped out the meeting place for Party In The Panhandle and it is still not repaired enough, as last November to go back there. Very few younger riders around now. I ride alone or with a friend I have rode with for the last 25 years if he can get away for a while. Most of the younger people have no interest in bicycles, motorcycles, or any other outdoor activities. VFW or Legion Riders occasionally have rides. Still have the toy rides late in the year sponsored by local indy shop. We don't see the spring and summer charity poker runs or benefit rides like there was 5 or 10 years ago. I manage to put 10 or 12 thousand a year on the bike still. Never much liked riding with large groups anyway.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver