Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RTL 2020, DIY and Experience Comments

Lots of comments coming about the 2020, it's all new so comments are slow in evolving. I'm looking forward to DIYs on this machine, new discoveries about the ride, after market add on's. For exmple, I'm alert for after market on the passenger arm rests, trying to be patient, they will come. Downside, more aftermarket, more lust, more $.

Spyder Garage

And they say BOATS are a black hole!!!! It's awful, it's like trying to reach into a bag of chips and having JUST ONE, right, NOT HAPPENING!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yes, I can tell checking out your mighty fine RTL, lots of farkles. :>)

Spyder Garage

Many of us are looking forward to the comments about the new 20's (RT's) in particular.

There is a whole new group of "beta testers" out there. So far, with one exception (fit and finish), the comments have been great. And...it does sound like BRP has and is addressing that.

We are all looking forward to those DIY posts and information posts about "new" and "exciting" accessories. Vendors...are you listening?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good one ARkansas, guess mine was one of the first group off the line, has th zip tie. GM said, no problem fixes will be out in April, he will fix it. Got a price on some short reach bars today, $210 with my discounts. Not a bad price in the big scheme of things. First time they made a mistake and gave me th tri-axis for the 2019 and prior, gulp, almost 1K including install less discounts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Good one ARkansas, guess mine was one of the first group off the line, has th zip tie. GM said, no problem fixes will be out in April, he will fix it. Got a price on some short reach bars today, $210 with my discounts. Not a bad price in the big scheme of things. First time they made a mistake and gave me th tri-axis for the 2019 and prior, gulp, almost 1K including install less discounts.
    Short Reach bars can be had for $149 online with Free shipping. The install takes less than 30 minutes and is super simple.
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Admiral, I need to check that out, all that foo foo on the bars had me concerned about the complexity, me screwing something up and some of the wiring not adequate length. Can you give me a link to the short reach bars. $149 beats the heck out of $210......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Thanks Admiral, I need to check that out, all that foo foo on the bars had me concerned about the complexity, me screwing something up and some of the wiring not adequate length. Can you give me a link to the short reach bars. $149 beats the heck out of $210......
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Instructions for the Install -

https://instructions.brp.com/content...0910,219400911
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Much obliged, doesn't look that difficult. Ya think if it fits the F3 it will fit the 2020 RTL, also wondering how much the pull back compared to the BRM OEM replacement. That's an unknown unless some one on the forum has done the install.