Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Newbie here..... followed brp's direction to remove the right side panels etc. Then to left side.. found connector right under the easily removed black panel. Will check the polarity. Thanks to all who contributed information. White tie rap to hold connector until gps gets here and show location. I got the 2020rtl manual on line and it shows gps connection on right side of bike so spent lots of time looking there. I hope the whole manual not with those kind of errors throughout.

thanks again for all the info
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure if you have found what you are after or not. Here is what the GPS connector looks like on the right front-ish side of the 2020 RTL.
    Rob

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 11.49.27 AM.jpg
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I did the right side and saw similar picture on here on another post and circled what you showing. I used the manual and could not find anything like that on the right side of my machine. The one in my picture was ty rapped to the connector next to it. The plug in it is a dummy and matches description in post here. The matching plug listed in post on this thread matches the dummy plugged into the picure. My machine is a 2020 spyder RT Ltd. So not sure whats happening. I buttoned all up and will see what power is on the plug tomorrow. Thanks

Spyder Garage

To clarify: When I say right side I mean the right side as if you are sitting on the bike looking forward.
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

You are right robhowen. I revisited the right side and took off one more panel and there it is. I pondered the wiring schematic and the one I thought was gps is Aux. I checked and both have 12v with key on. I would have been stumped as when I shut the key off the power was still there but its same as lights on for a bit after shutting down the engine. Now to get my gps and get it done. I''m nervous about pulling on the panels but so far haven't broken anything. Thanks for pointing out the plug.

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a part # for the connector for the GPS? I just ordered a Garmin XT and it looks like it comes with bare-ended wires, and I’d like to use the proper connector.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer now says June 2nd for fitment fix, of course that date has passed and I have not heard from the dealer, not unusual for dealers, not good at communicating. I highly suspect the fix is not in house and receipt date has again been moved.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    The power is located on the right side just forward of your knee (power only when the motor is running). It's only power and does not run through the radio like the earlier years. If you have the GPS support from an earlier F3, it'll fit on the 2020 RTL. You just won't use the all the extra hook-ups on the old mount, just the power cord. You'll have to change (splice) the end to match the new end on the 2020 and that's pretty easy.
    Do you (or anyone else) know where I can find the correct plug that fits on the 2020? I have a Garmin mount and wiring from another bike (BMW) and I don't want to have to splice into the harness on the RT. I would prefer to just splice into my Garmin wiring harness with the correct plug that matches the one on the RT. And I would prefer to not wire it direct to the battery on the RT.

Spyder Garage

I just found another alignment issue on the rear of the 2020. On my right side saddle bag, the gap between the movable cover and the fixed bag is about 2 times larger than it is on the left side.
    Inspecting it, I found the support of the front is bowed outwards. I suppose I cold take it to the dealer but they're a 90 minute drive away.
    I dare say, I could straighten the support myself in a lot less time.
    I'll probably do that.
    On another note, I got Lamont's new kit to fix my mirror shake. There is a BRP fix for this that they'll do as a no cost repair, but the parts are on backorder, and I needed the mirror repair quickly for an upcoming trip.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Just curious if anyone knew the answer to the previous two posts looking for the part # of the GPS power connector.
    I'm also looking to add the Garmin XT to my 2020 RT Limited.
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gleem53 View Post
    Just curious if anyone knew the answer to the previous two posts looking for the part # of the GPS power connector.
    I'm also looking to add the Garmin XT to my 2020 RT Limited.
    Thanks!
    I just cut off the male OEM connector (on the bike) and wired bullet connectors to my existing Zumo 660 cradle wiring. The bullet connectors you can buy anywhere: hardware store, home depot, lowes, amazon, etc.

If you buy the OEM Can Am Zumo XT cradle that comes with a wiring harness (~$250), it comes with a matching female connector (no need to cut off the male connector on the bike). Correction: You may have to use your own connector (bullet or whatever) - see video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGLGiz7Ho9g