Thread: Handlebars

Spyder Garage

Default Handlebars

I haven't seen a 2020 RT yet, but pictures look like the new model uses the F3 handlebars. That said, if they do use the F3 handles, is it possible to mod the 2019 and earlier to use the F3 handlebars like the short reach bars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    I haven't seen a 2020 RT yet, but pictures look like the new model uses the F3 handlebars. That said, if they do use the F3 handles, is it possible to mod the 2019 and earlier to use the F3 handlebars like the short reach bars.
    I have a 2018 RTL and the bars are totally different from the current 2020 models. The new ones have a bar somewhat similar to a regular round motorcycle bar, but with bolt on ends. The previous version of the RT and RTL all had a contraption that was very much specific to the model (aluminum casting with bolt on ends). I had to buy the very expensive Tri-Axis bars to get my reach right. The new ones should be much cheaper and simpler to get the reach corrected.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

If you're asking if the 2010-2019 RT's can use the F3 handlebars the answer is no. If you're asking if the 2020 RT can use the handlebars from the F3 then the answer appears to be yes. I checked the F3 handlebar - Position A part number against the 2020 RT Position A part number and they are the same.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Given enough time and money, anything's possible. The 2020 RT handlebar mounting system is like a traditional 2 wheeled motorcycle. The 2010-2019 handlebar mounting system is VERY integrated into the bike meaning NOTHING else fits. If you figure out a way to make the 2020/F3 bars fit on the prior years RT (or if you find a way to add spacers to the stock system), let me know.