Spyder Garage

Default Handle Bars question

I just got a 2020 Ryker 600 yesterday. On the way home from dealer, I noticed the handle bar didn’t look exactly straight. It looked to be off a little to the left. When I got home I was looking, and it seems to be a little loose or something. If I was setting still and turned it back and forth, I could move it maybe a 1/4 in both directions before the wheels move. Right below where you unlock it to move it forward or back, there looks like a little almost square piece with a little line inside it that moves from one side of square to other before wheels move. Are they made this way for a reason, or what is wrong. I’ve read on here and on other places about handle bares being off a little, but can’t find anything out about if it’s a problem or made like that. Seems to work fine. Thanks, sorry so long

Spyder Garage

Default Handle bars

Sorry that should be 1/4” back and forth.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know much about the Rykers but I have a general idea of how the bar adjustment works. If you loosen the bars, can you wiggle them a bit? You might be able to straighten them out that way.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Take it back to dealership to get bars straight. Then ask if the washer up date was done. I’d call ahead so you don’t have to wait long. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Take it back to dealership to get bars straight. Then ask if the washer up date was done. I’d call ahead so you don’t have to wait long. cueman
    I recall that there was an issue with the washer on the handlebar on some Rykers but this is a 2020 and I would have thought that issue would have been resolved on the new models

Spyder Garage

I took it back this morning. Said it shouldn’t move like that, took it in shop, about 45 minutes later they said it was fixed. Said in the older ones there was an issue where they had to put a washer on them. On 2020 ones they put a different bolt in them wherever it goes, so they didn’t need the washers anymore. On mine, they said that they torqued the bolt down when it was put together, like it should be, and everything seemed fine, it when it was tightened down, apparently the threads bottomed out, and it seemed tight, but was bottomed out on threads. They cut new threads in bolt, and this time when they torqued it down, it tightened up what ever it was supposed to..fixed now..I’d like to give a shout out to the dealer in Chesapeake VA, All Out Cycle. They’ve treated me very good.

Spyder Garage

ha ha noticed the same thing on my 2020 rally today.damn bolt was barely tight.straightened the bars and tightened the bolt, thread locker too.if it loosens again I'll take it back to the dealer

Spyder Garage

I wonder if there's a can am tech on here.i have a couple questions.i also noticed the little square channel .