Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default To All members - but mostly to the newbies _ COURTESY

I've posted this before, but not recently … it's about "courtesy " - Have you ever requested information, and then after receiving answers …. Did you forget to acknowledge to that person - ie. post a " Thanks or Likes " under that persons answer …. even if you dis-agree with it, posting something is the courteous thing to do..... There are knowledgeable folks here that go to considerable efforts to be helpful, ( ie lengthy answers ). If those folks think the OP didn't have the Courtesy to let them know - - maybe they will stop helping you !!!! ….. Personally, I have a long list of members who I've put on my IGNORE LIST .… for a variety of reasons ( I read almost all posts, but Some I don't answer ) …. #1.- they are nasty in their comments …. #2.- they have a tendency to make personal ATTACKS, instead of just dis-agreeing with you !!! …. AND #3.- they don't have the decency to acknowledge your efforts at helping them …… This thread was not created to DISS anyone - just to get the members THINKING about Courtesy …. Thank you to all who have acknowledged the folks who try to assist others …....... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-08-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

A good reminder.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

To the folks who have either Liked or Thanked me for my Thread I appreciate it..... To the 50 or so others who looked but not registered an opinion, I don't have a response for them …… Yet ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    To the folks who have either Liked or Thanked me for my Thread I appreciate it..... To the 50 or so others who looked but not registered an opinion, I don't have a response for them …… Yet ……. Mike
    interesting point of view.......

Spyder Garage

I appreciate your point of view in your first post, but to expect that we will all take the time to respond to this one feels feels presumptuous. Some people also many skip over your posts because your style of writing can make them difficult to read - I often do. Sure, if you ask a question some kind of general acknowledgement is appropriate, but I don't think it's fair to expect any kind of response to a post like this one.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Mike, I couldn't agree with you more. When a problem or question is presented it is always a good thing for us to learn the resolution. That's how we all learn from each other. And a simple thank you goes a long way...... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    I appreciate your point of view in your first post, but to expect that we will all take the time to respond to this one feels feels presumptuous. Some people also many skip over your posts because your style of writing can make them difficult to read - I often do. Sure, if you ask a question some kind of general acknowledgement is appropriate, but I don't think it's fair to expect any kind of response to a post like this one.
    My sentiments exactly - opinion has been registered!
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, I hope it makes you feel better to get that off your chest, but please understand we are all different in the way we use this forum.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Mike, I hope it makes you feel better to get that off your chest, but please understand we are all different in the way we use this forum.
    Pete - you haven't let me down on your response …. Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-08-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    " Takes the time " !!!! ….. I can click the Likes and/or Thanks button in less than …….TWO SECONDS …. and not break a sweat. Exercise helps keep one healthy ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

" Takes the time " !!!! ….. I can click the Likes or Thanks button in less than …….TWO SECONDS …. and not break a sweat. Exercise helps keep one healthy ……. Mike
    This is very best reason I've seen on this site to remove that button. You aren't entitled to a response of any kind because somebody read what you wrote. If that's your concern, then perhaps you should consider whether you are writing to be of help, or just for attention.

It's one thing to quietly count your likes, but to complain that you didn't get enough of them? Perhaps if the post were better?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Asking us to remember courtesy, then bragging about the size of your ignore list.

I am a member of several forums. This is the first one that has a "like" or a "thank" button.
    I can see their usefulness, but not sure I'll ever use them.

Feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Spyder Garage

To any of the Administrators …. I'm requesting this thread be closed or locked …. and I'm sure you will understand why …… Thank you …… Mike