Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Aegis vs. B.E.S.T. Extended Warranty

Curious to find out which is the better plan from those who have experience with either of these.

Thanks in advance.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

I went with Cornerstone on the advice of my dealer, who I completely trust. The reason was I could get a longer term than BEST, per Sierra Cycles Cornerstone is so well know and so broadly recognized, and coverage is the same. If I had only wanted an additional 3 years then I would have gone with BEST.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Hmmm, maybe it's telling those in the know juust a little bit more about my age/background, but the only Aegis I've ever dealt is something you really wouldn't want to discover tracking your Spyder..... Altho I guess you wouldn't need to worry about it for too long?!?

The only 'Extended Warranties' we can get here in Australia are pretty much only really good at doing one thing.... and that's improving the Dealers profit margin at your expense! Our version of Choice (an independent organisation that tests & reviews just about everything, providing independant and unbiased reviews, product tests, articles, information, and buying guides.) fairly recently did another review into their value. They ended up recommending (yet again) that prospective purchasers would be better off putting that money aside to cover any mechanical issues, and as a result of that review et al, our Corporate Watchdog, ASIC, initiated enforcement action that saw purchasers of these warranties refunded premiums totalling about $5m AUD, that figure bringing the total of enforced premium refunds up to $125 MILLION AUD since they first started clamping down on shonky extended warranties in 2016!

So here in Aus, money-wise purchasers generally don't even consider buying those types of 'warranties'....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Why would anyone gamble with any extended warranty other than the BEST. The price of the warranty is always up for grabs, be sure to check couple of dealers an then call your local dealer to see if they will match, if not go with lowest an know it is the BEST. I called my local deal CYCLE ZONE, TOPEKA,KS 785-234-3844. VISIT with Aaron. I got a darn good price that anyone would be happy with...tell him Richard sent ya...remember the BEST is always good with any canam spyder dealer nationwide.. U.S.A
    2019 F3 t , Black

Spyder Garage

Both Sierra Cycles in Arizona and iMotorsports in Illinois sell the 36 month B.E.S.T warranty for $621.00. That's a $50.00 decrease in price from last year.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Just a quick note about the extended warranty on the Spyders. I talked to Robert with iMotorsports and their 3 year extended warranty on all Spyders is $671.00. Now the cost for a 3 year extended warranty on the Rykers is $621.00. There is some confusion about this and just wanted to clear things up with everybody. I just purchased the 3 year warranty on my F3 Limited.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Just a quick note about the extended warranty on the Spyders. I talked to Robert with iMotorsports and their 3 year extended warranty on all Spyders is $671.00. Now the cost for a 3 year extended warranty on the Rykers is $621.00. There is some confusion about this and just wanted to clear things up with everybody. I just purchased the 3 year warranty on my F3 Limited.
    Last week I spoke with someone from iMotorsports and he told me $621. He must have forgotten to tell me it was for the Ryker and not the Spyder. Thanks for the clarification.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whiz11 View Post
    Why would anyone gamble with any extended warranty other than the BEST. The price of the warranty is always up for grabs, be sure to check couple of dealers an then call your local dealer to see if they will match, if not go with lowest an know it is the BEST. I called my local deal CYCLE ZONE, TOPEKA,KS 785-234-3844. VISIT with Aaron. I got a darn good price that anyone would be happy with...tell him Richard sent ya...remember the BEST is always good with any canam spyder dealer nationwide.. U.S.A
    Here's why:

I called my sales person and inquired about BEST because I wanted to give him my business. He told me that Aegis covers MORE items than BEST, but it costs significantly more.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

I had one from Western a number of years ago that very much paid for itself. The great thing about our warranties is they are't mileage dependent, and I think that is essential to factor in when making the decision. I do over 10K a year mine, but many just do a fraction of that.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.