Spyder Garage

Default JT Spyder Store's CnC Machined Air Intake

FInally got this installed today, and was able to start and run it with no error codes.

It sounds awesome, I for one like the engine "inhale" that comes from a nice free fflowing air intake, it gives the motor a bit of life in my book, my pipes are like 96 dbs anyway, whats a whisper on top of a scream right?

The throttle response is definitely improved.

I also put new vacuum lines on the injector bodies. The new air intake allows access to them with ease without having to remove or dig under that god awful flower pot I now how to pay to dispose of.

Thanks JT Spyder Store, nice kit, and once I stopped being dumb, the instructions were obvious and easy.

Can Am AF 1.jpg

Can Am AF 3.jpg

Can Am AF 2.jpg
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

The room in the engine compartment after removing is DRASTICALLY improved. I was able to take it out sans skins for a short run, wow can I chirp off the rear tire now, I am going to go through a lot of rear tires. Might have to look over some dark side options on that (car tires). Tomorrow I have to take out the rear skins for the rear peg extension kit. Than I can get it skinned back up and take it out for a long ride this weekend.

Spyder Garage

After having gone through the process of changing plugs and wires on my 2010 RT, I can sympathize with wanting that airbox gone. I did look online and I thought when I saw this intake that they said you have to make sure the bike doesn't get caught out unprotected in the rain as water can get to the throttle bodies now. Is that correct or am I smoking something?
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

I've had mine for a few years. No problem at all, no matter what the weather.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

even better with the K&N filter (IMHO)
    2009 GS , MSD wires Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
    After having gone through the process of changing plugs and wires on my 2010 RT, I can sympathize with wanting that airbox gone. I did look online and I thought when I saw this intake that they said you have to make sure the bike doesn't get caught out unprotected in the rain as water can get to the throttle bodies now. Is that correct or am I smoking something?
    We have had ours for years and have ridden in all kinds of rain without any issues. I heard that some have had issues, not sure how? I know he does make a rain cover, but I am not seeing how you can get water all the way up and into the throttle bodies without going 100 mph through a big..deep puddle. But if you are still concerned about it, just install his cover. I am also running the prefilter as well.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

I love my JT Intake System. I did a bit of modifying to mine. I can't say that it helped. But it was fun and I think it helped. And they say 'It is the Thought that counts!'.

I cut the velocity stacks off of my stock air cleaner box and attached them to the JT lower plate.

JT Air2.jpg
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Loving the new air, cannot wait for the Monster Tune now. I have to wait until the end of the month for that, and I know where the ECU is now.

Spyder Garage

I can't wait to get a K&N on it, and I like the velocity stacks. In terms of the RT, not sure, I have the RS-S, but I am thinking the pre-filter he sent with (I ordered there) will keep rain out pretty well actually so I put it on the trike.

He has the rain adaptor listed on the site, I have heard people are fine with the rain without it, they just cover the bikes, and make sure they are not left out in downpours, something I do anyways.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know of anyone other that JT's that is making an air filter for the Can Am? I tried to purchase one but it says "not available" on line. I called and to be honest, he didn't sound too interested in selling them. He said he was out and that he hadn't even put an order in for parts and they were probably at least two months out. Sounded crazy to me. If anyone has one they don't want, please contact me. I have my airbox out to change plugs and wires and really don't want to go through that extraction again. Thanks. 509-956-8158

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got mine last month and he had the air intake but not the pre filter so I kept bugging him(nicely )til he put a pre filter together so I can get them together. I had a different brand, old evoluzione air intake and it was LOUD.

And this is not his full time gig and he just works on it when he is not busy with daytime job so... and at this time, there is no other option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzzman4 View Post
    Does anyone know of anyone other that JT's that is making an air filter for the Can Am? I tried to purchase one but it says "not available" on line. I called and to be honest, he didn't sound too interested in selling them. He said he was out and that he hadn't even put an order in for parts and they were probably at least two months out. Sounded crazy to me. If anyone has one they don't want, please contact me. I have my airbox out to change plugs and wires and really don't want to go through that extraction again. Thanks. 509-956-8158
    6 states down 42 states to go