Thread: ST-S extras

Spyder Garage

Default ST-S extras

I bought a 2014 ST-S last November with 10,000 miles on it.

Getting to explore it a bit more now and check out what extras may have been fitted by previous owners (2). The lady I bought it from did not know much about the bike and only owned it for about 9 months.

I noticed the Fox Podium shocks on the front, 12 volt power outlet in the frunk, leds for turn indicators next to the mirrors which are great reminders the indicator is still on.

Rear shock looks standard Sachs which is a pity as I think that is the area that lets down the handling. Will look at replacing that when the rear tyre is replaced.

There were obvious indications when we were installing the rack last weekend the wiring had other items connected at some stage as the wires had crimp marks.

Will be checking and I expect replacing the vacuum lines soon and will look at the canister issue as I do like to top up the fuel.

Not sure if the plugs and wires have been done but would like to add that to the list too.

Alignment seems fine as it tracks well and the tyres (oem) are wearing evenly although getting low.

The front is very nicely planted (a bit skittish in rough corners but that could be the shock springs are adjusted right up and I haven't played with the settings yet) which lead me to check the sway bar. I know it has metal heim links however how do I tell if it has an aftermarket sway bar?

Thanks
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Measure the thickness of the bar.
    From another post: the diameter of both sway bars. For the OEM version, it is 14mm; Baja Ron's is 16mm.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Thanks Haze will check it out.
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Hi glennm
    PM sent
    2017 F3s-Daytona...After market top-box,- Diy Sports rack,- Diy Windshield & brackets - Sena 20s,- Shad side cases,- Drivers backrest,- 660 Garmin,- Altimate floor boards, - Diy Belt Guard, - Sinister Exhaust,

Spyder Garage

Woohoo definitely an after market sway bar. More money for other things!
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I am real pleased with the Power Commander 5, the JT's Spyder Store Air Intake, and the Two Brothers exhaust, definitely perked it up, I have an older RS-S. Oh I recommend the Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit. It comes with the Iridium Plugs, but I think its just 8mm wire if you prefer to go with your own ends and caps....oh look up the canister removal steps here, thank god I got rid of the gas smell, there is an awesome right up on here....other than that, have fun, and enjoy....Oh I am doing the Monster ECU Flash too, and a wrap kit, but I need to hold on to cash for a few months for the time being.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks Krakum. Haven't had a chance yet to investigate the canisterectomy or plugs and wires. No fuel smell so hoping the canister bypass has been done.
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac