Thread: Laser alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignment

Is anyone aware of laser alignments at this years daytona bike week

Spyder Garage

I spoke to my service writer in Eustis FL. He claimed they no longer do Laser alignments. He claims that could be off as it uses the rear wheel which could be installed a bit off center. They do an alignment on the frame. My laser alignment was done in 2014. I have replaced the rear tire in 2017. I have not noticed any “off” wear patterns on any tires. I don’t know who to believe.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post
    I spoke to my service writer in Eustis FL. He claimed they no longer do Laser alignments. He claims that could be off as it uses the rear wheel which could be installed a bit off center. They do an alignment on the frame. My laser alignment was done in 2014. I have replaced the rear tire in 2017. I have not noticed any “off” wear patterns on any tires. I don’t know who to believe.
    For certain, not the service writer!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Alignments are done off the wheels not frame. I did many auto and truck alignments when I was a auto tech. Now brp from the factory just does a toe in measurement from the center frame. But most are off by quite a bit.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

look here for laser alignment in FL. http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealersfl.htm

Make sure and call ahead. the list is from last year so the person doing them may not be there anymore.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 03-13-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I asked my sales guy (Brandon), Seminole Power Sports, Eutis, he said "no" they do not do laser alignment and dropped the subject. I see 'some' lead weights on the rear tire.