Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking For Ram X-Grip to Hold iPhone 6 Plus?

Can anyone recommend a RAM X-Grip to securely hold my iPhone 6 Plus. The phone is in an Otterbox case (which adds a bit to the overall size) and the X-Grip needs to have a 1 inch ball.

Can anyone recommend a specific X-Grip model and perhaps provide a link to a reliable vendor for ordering?

Thanks!
    Bert
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Check out these guys they did a set up for my wife’s ST at SpyderQuest, local to you also. She has a I Phone 6
    Good Luck

https://www.providence-spyder-accessories.com/

Hers 2014 ST
    His 2016 RT Limited
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Ive got a ram x grip which holds my IP8 with case.I cant remember exactly where but I think you can get it right from Ram or maybe Value acessories,just tell them what phone you've got and they know which size grip you need.Pretty sure they only come with 1" ball.What I like is how quick it is to put phone in and how secure it is.
    Update ,if you go to their website Ram mount .com they have a compatability chart but I think someone on here said if you have a thick case you may need to space the rubber pinchers out just a tad and use superglue on them for extra insurance to keep the pinchers from sliding off.I did this to mine.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

I like the X-Mounts in the car, but I have never been able to quite trust them on the bikes. I have a Galaxy 7, and have a RAM Quick-Grip that holds very securely. I see on the Lamonster Garage site there is a Quick Grip XL that according to the dimensions listed may hold your iPhone 6 Plus with the Otterbox, depending on which case you have. Picture below, link here - https://www.lamonstergarage.com/ram-...lder-with-ball
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

The "large" x-grip will hold my wife's iPhone 6 in it's Otterbox case, no adjustment on the rubber mounts needed.

For your iPhone 6 Plus, you need this one...
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/ram-u...all-lamonster/
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Active Member NorthAlabamaSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Can anyone recommend a RAM X-Grip to securely hold my iPhone 6 Plus. The phone is in an Otterbox case (which adds a bit to the overall size) and the X-Grip needs to have a 1 inch ball.

Can anyone recommend a specific X-Grip model and perhaps provide a link to a reliable vendor for ordering?

Thanks!
    Bert
    Bert, message me with your address and I will send you one.

Bruce
    2019 F3-T and some extra stuff

Spyder Garage

See post # 5. I've tried x-grip model(s) in the past but always got movement but the Lamonster holder actually does the job perfectly for the I-phone 6 plus with the outerbox cover.