Spyder Garage

Default Power Tip on Exhaust

I have the Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E. exhaust on my 2012 RS-S, and its a bit loud. SO I ordered and received a P1-X Performance Tip and Sound Suppressor and installed it today on my can. I have to say its a big help. There was a just a weeee bit too much POP or Bang behind the M2 as it came out of the box, I love the performance gains the pipe gave me. But it was noisy. The P1-X took about 10 DB's off the sound and I dont have that bang crawling up my right cheek pad to my ear. Its much more pleasant to ride, and my neighbors are smiling at the trike again.

20200302_162427.jpg
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

The photo came in up side down, oh well.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krakum1967 View Post
    I have the Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E. exhaust on my 2012 RS-S, and its a bit loud. SO I ordered and received a P1-X Performance Tip and Sound Suppressor and installed it today on my can. I have to say its a big help. There was a just a weeee bit too much POP or Bang behind the M2 as it came out of the box, I love the performance gains the pipe gave me. But it was noisy. The P1-X took about 10 DB's off the sound and I dont have that bang crawling up my right cheek pad to my ear. Its much more pleasant to ride, and my neighbors are smiling at the trike again.

20200302_162427.jpg
    I'm not dissing you, however if you haven't made a change to the ECU - the reality is you have a different sound annnnnnnnnnnnnnd the power might even be less ….. this is the way it is with ( all ) Computer controlled engines. send an E-mail to Monster fuel and ask them WHY …… Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Louder=go faster, no..........

Again BK i'ii let you deliver the sad news first. Without re-flashing the ECU a stock spyder will only produce the max amount of power and emissions EPA limits will allow. I believe others here have mentioned that BRP products have to meet certain emission standards to be sold here in the US. I'm also told the ECU will adjust to things like temp, altitude, fuel octane, and the like but it won't allow power (emission) parameters to be exceeded. Correct?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am REALLY new to Spyders, will be looking at one for my wife this coming weekend. I have been reading stuff on the forum about flashing the ECU. Where does this get done, how much does it cost, and, ... bottom line, ... would it be worth it for a bone-stock 2017 RT-S?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DatsaNoydb View Post
    I am REALLY new to Spyders, will be looking at one for my wife this coming weekend. I have been reading stuff on the forum about flashing the ECU. Where does this get done, how much does it cost, and, ... bottom line, ... would it be worth it for a bone-stock 2017 RT-S?

Do an ECU search here on this site and you will have hours of reading information that should answer all your questions. Example.........

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...&highlight=ECU

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm not dissing you, however if you haven't made a change to the ECU - the reality is you have a different sound annnnnnnnnnnnnnd the power might even be less ….. this is the way it is with ( all ) Computer controlled engines. send an E-mail to Monster fuel and ask them WHY …… Mike
    ALready spoke to them and my ECU is going there this week. To the person that asked if they can exceed power levels or not, they can. The last FZ09 I owned I had flashed by a company in New Jersey and they assigned 145 HP to each gear. Yes, the EPA will restrict or require restrictions for your power settings per gear, they like to trim your top gear especially. The ECU flash removes these EPA settings, sets a simpler straighter pattern for the power curve, and assigns equal power to all gears. and insures equal power is applied to each gear. @ BLUEKNIGHT Monster is getting my ECU and they will have my Air Intake data (I am installing the CnC unit), my power tip (and they can work with it), and other custom settings I want, namely IDLE SPEED, 1300 is driving me INSANE, drop it to 950, that is fast enough.....making sure all my changes are in place before I flash so its set and done.

And no diss taken...I have been to this rodeo a few times with two wheelers, and I am a firm believer that back pressure especially in metric machines, is beneficial....in moderation.

Spyder Garage

And I tend to do my tuning to my standards and requirements. I simply like to write about what I do, Also to explain, I once owned a Honda ACE 1100 and I put free flowing large diameter pipes on it. I Lost ALL freeeway power, it would not do 60 mph after the change. I took it to a shop, had torque cones welded into the pipes, and boom, got the performance the pipe promised by setting the back pressure up correctly. Thats just one instance too, and sometimes with some bikes, its best to leave everything as it is....good example, a yamaha V-max...that is a well tuned bike and will kill you rather quickly with stock settings, its doesn't need changes, its fast....

Spyder Garage

After a long ride, the power tip may go bye bye. I noticed a loss of power climbing the pass today....it gets the hook.....the baffle is enough back pressure.

Spyder Garage

Yea, love losing the power tip.....mileage went back up to where it belongs too.....runs much better on the free pipe with the included baffle, no power tip, it sounds deeper too.....the power tip sound was TOOOO snappy and poppy, like a lawn tractor with no flash suppressor....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    No diss taken, and I can face when I was wrong, thanks for the heads up brother.....

Spyder Garage

I have the S1R on an F3S. I originally added the Power Tip but no baffle (for this application it didn't come with one). I felt like mid range wasn't quite there. I found and added a can opener baffle to it - so now I'm pondering taking the power tip off - this might have just convinced me to try it.

Thanks!
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black