Spyder Garage

Default Solutions for people with half helmets and wanting to listen to music

So I have been using a full helmet so far this winter. But as it warms up, I will want the use of a half helmet.

What solutions do you guys and gals use for listening to music while riding?

Especially when on the highway?

I ride a 2016 F3-T

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

the speakers on the bik

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    the speakers on the bik
    I have no speakers on the bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

sorry it doesnt say what you ride

Spyder Garage

Depends on the chin strap. You can wear ear buds with some of the shortie helmets. If they have the wide web across your ear, you can put speakers on it, but the wind noise is really bad. I wear a Bell 500 open face with wrap shield most of the time. Wind noise not too bad with the wrap shield.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Use wireless ear buds. I have the Cardo Packtalk and when I switch to my half helmet I use wired earplugs from the Cardo mount to my left ear, I only cover one ear with the earphone. I wrap the excess wire around the Cardo mount.

Spyder Garage

I wear bluetooth earbuds regardless of which helmet I wear, full or half with no problems at all.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I wear bluetooth earbuds regardless of which helmet I wear, full or half with no problems at all.
    Which specific model do you use?

Spyder Garage

SENA has a half helmet with bluetooth speakers and a microphone built in

Really great system.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Turn up the volume

Spyder Garage

We use Sena SPH10H-FM intercom system that you can bluetooth to your phone or they have FM capability
    Get a hold of Motorcyle Dave (site sponsor). He will fix you up and answer any and all questions you have. Dave is one of the good guys.

Ryde Safe. Rich
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Spyder Garage

Since I have a full head, I wear a full coverage helmet....summer, fall, spring...no matter the season or the temperature. Sweat will dry in a matter of minutes, head/facial injuries are the gift that keeps on giving. I'm obviously an ATGATT kind of guy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
    Since I have a full head, I wear a full coverage helmet....summer, fall, spring...no matter the season or the temperature. Sweat will dry in a matter of minutes, head/facial injuries are the gift that keeps on giving. I'm obviously an ATGATT kind of guy.
    Finally somebody said it. What’s the point of a half helmet anyway. +1 for ATGATT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Finally somebody said it. What’s the point of a half helmet anyway. +1 for ATGATT
    That's what I was thinking.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Trust me guys and gals, I've never been shy about the way I feel about ATGATT. Every person has a choice about what they wear when they ride, and for the last 30 years or so of riding, every single time I throw a leg over the seat, I am fully geared up. Full helmet, riding suit (full leathers or full textile), over the wrist/cuffed leather gloves, and motorcycle specific leather boots. In my opinion, you dress for crash, not for the ride. I've been doing this since 1971 and I've been down on the street a total of one time. I went down with full gear on, and even though I suffered a pretty bad concussion and three broken ribs, I didn't have a scratch on me anywhere. I simply cannot imagine how much worse the injuries would have been if I had been wearing tennis shoes, blue jeans, no gloves, and some sort of make believe helmet that didn't cover my entire head. As i stated, we all have choices, and full gear is my choice
    Last edited by triplethreat; 03-03-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
    Trust me guys and gals, I've never been shy about the way I feel about ATGATT. Every person has a choice about what they wear when they ride, and for the last 30 years or so of riding, every single time I throw a leg over the seat, I am fully geared up. Full helmet, riding suit (full leathers or full textile), over the wrist/cuffed leather gloves, and motorcycle specific leather boots. In my opinion, you dress for crash, not for the ride. I've been doing this since 1971 and I've been down on the street a total of one time. I went down with full gear on, and even though I suffered a pretty bad concussion and three broken ribs, I didn't have a scratch on me anywhere. I simply cannot imagine how much worse the injuries would have been if I had been wearing tennis shoes, blue jeans, no gloves, and some sort of make believe helmet that didn't cover my entire head. As i stated, we all have choices, and full gear is my choice
    I do appreciate exactly how you feel. As you said, we all make choices. If it is in the middle of summer, and I wear full gear, I might as well stay home. I will be miserable and unhappy. So I dress down when it is hot so that I can enjoy the ride.

I was just asking for audio suggestions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    SENA has a half helmet with bluetooth speakers and a microphone built in

Really great system.

Cruzr joe
    we have 4 sena helmets, 2 half and 2 full face
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    I do appreciate exactly how you feel. As you said, we all make choices. If it is in the middle of summer, and I wear full gear, I might as well stay home. I will be miserable and unhappy. So I dress down when it is hot so that I can enjoy the ride.

I was just asking for audio suggestions.
    Sorry....I kind of veered off course with the discussion about riding gear. My apologies and hopefully you can get it figured out what you need to work for you.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    So I have been using a full helmet so far this winter. But as it warms up, I will want the use of a half helmet.

What solutions do you guys and gals use for listening to music while riding?

Especially when on the highway?

I ride a 2016 F3-T
    DO YOU ALREADY HAVE A 1/2 Helmet? if so all your dreams will come true with the SENA SPH10H FM head set made for the 1/2 helmets
    I have them in stock. CALL for the price I can not post prices here SENA would not like it....
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 1/2 Helmet .... SENA has a great one called the CAVALRY with everything already built into it..... CALL me
    for the price of that one as well Cavalry.jpegSENA SPH10H-FM.png
    MOTORCYCLEDAVE.COM motorcycledave@mac.com 209-887-3283 open 7 days a week
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 03-07-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Found while backIMG_6045.jpg there are other variations

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the Sena Cavalry helmet, and love it. I use the included “ear flaps” to help eliminate the wind noise, and except for heavier wind, I hear my tunes just fine. I also wear hearing aids, and as I said, except for heavy wind, I have no problem. Hope this helps.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I ordered the cavalry helmet and shall see how it is.