Spyder Garage

Default Possible 2015 F3 S Purchase

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I am looking at a 2015 F3 S 1330cc. With 55,000 miles, other than the mileage this bike is clean and looks almost new and runs well. It is at a dealer, I am just concerned about the miles, how do these engines and transmissions hold up? It has a SE6 transmission.

I can purchase this for about the same money as a Ryker 900, but thought this may be a better purchase. Please share thoughts and suggestions.

I have to have a SE or a Ryker due to disability and not being able to manually shift.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Probably depends on your riding profile. The F3 will be more comfortable over longer trips but the miles on it seem on the high side for what you can currently find on the private market. Also you will get a warranty with the Ryker.

Spyder Garage

You can have the dealer input the VIN. That will give you the service history. You can determine if its "normal" or "extensive" service that has been done.

At 3000 miles, a break-in service. Then...every 9000 miles OR ONCE A YEAR if less than 9000 per year. A major service at 28,000, then back to the normal services.

There are a few out there with 100,000 miles plus doing well.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eredding View Post
    Thanks in advance for the advice!

I am looking at a 2015 F3 S 1330cc. With 55,000 miles, other than the mileage this bike is clean and looks almost new and runs well. It is at a dealer, I am just concerned about the miles, how do these engines and transmissions hold up? It has a SE6 transmission.

I can purchase this for about the same money as a Ryker 900, but thought this may be a better purchase. Please share thoughts and suggestions.

I have to have a SE or a Ryker due to disability and not being able to manually shift.

Thanks
    imho NEW = large immed. - Depreciation ….. ( that Ryker ) …. the 15 F-3 has already had it's major deprecation. …. so far the 1330 engine has a proven track record for longevity ….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Look at this on eBay
    2015 Can-Am Spyder® F3-S SE6

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264638045626

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Look at this on eBay
    2015 Can-Am Spyder® F3-S SE6

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264638045626
    Very, very LOW mileage, and those 6.5" Marine grade speakers shows it has some type of stereo. It doesn't show or say how it functions, but I'll bet it is loud. ……your close, so a Fly down and get it is certainly an option ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I think that price is high compared to my area , purchased a 2015 F3s in Columbus Ohio with 1500 miles, very nice condition from private owner for $ 11000.00 Sept. 2019 . Now have 4000 trouble free miles. Manual transmission though.

Spyder Garage

Thank for all the replies, I should have been a little more specific about some of the different ails.
    Dealer said all services had been completed....Thanks to you all I know to ask when and I hat services have been performed!

Next the price is less than $9,000 dollars and it has new tires and brakes according to the dealer.

I agree new Ryker means warranty. That is why I am on the fence, the Ryker and f3 fit my size and riding position. I just want d some opinions from the pro’s.

Thanks

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If the F3 has been serviced and maintained I would not worry about the miles and if it has no major signs
    of abuse I would really think about it.
    I just traded my 2016 F3/T with over 45,000 miles and the dealer didn't keep it but 5 days and sold it.
    So if the price is what you feel comfortable with and like the bike go for it.
    Just my two cents worth, and as was stated earlier these bikes can go well over 100,000 miles easy.

Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eredding View Post
    Thank for all the replies, I should have been a little more specific about some of the different ails.
    Dealer said all services had been completed....Thanks to you all I know to ask when and I hat services have been performed!

Next the price is less than $9,000 dollars and it has new tires and brakes according to the dealer.

I agree new Ryker means warranty. That is why I am on the fence, the Ryker and f3 fit my size and riding position. I just want d some opinions from the pro’s.

Thanks
    That is an attractive price for the F3. I’ll clarify that the 55k on the clock wouldn’t worry me; many here are close if not passing 100k. I was only stating that you can find lower mileage F3s in the private market. Good luck on your choice.

Spyder Garage

Everyone I apologize for my spelling or incomplete words. I have Parkinson’s and shake, so typing in a hurry I make mistakes. Especially on the iPhone.

I am going back to dealer tomorrow, I have cleared by my banker (wife) to purchase either one and some of the accessories I need (want ) for my riding.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and I am excited about getting my knees in the breeze again!

Spyder Garage

I have both and if your going to be zooming around the local back roads get the Ryker (Plus warranty is there) If your riding 2 up and doing longer trips I would get the F3. IMO?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice. We will be doing some of both. That is where I keep going back and forth. I ridden the Ryker 900 and like it. That is what started this adventure, and was a credit card swipe away from a Ryker until the dealer showed me a F3 and then I found the used one at a different dealer. A new F3 is out of my budget, but this used one is doable and seems to be in good shape.

Oh, and great looking rides everyone.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For two up the F3 is way ahead of the Ryker I think. Miles are not an issue for a well maintained F3. Who knows maybe the dealer will knock off a little more if you talk buy to him. Its Your call for sure but in this case, its all good. Miles of Smiles Ryker or Spyder.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I agree, I haven’t been this excited in a long time. 56 years old and I am like a kid at Christmas, I will be up all night unable to sleep ( nothing new ) just have an excuse...

I can’t believe how technology has changed the sport since I quit riding 5-6 years ago. Bluetooth intercom in helmets and so forth. I have used all the tech, but not in the knees in the breeze world.

Spyder Garage

Update, F3 purchase did not go as planned, although it fit me well solo it did not work well when trying to ride 2 up. I had serious trouble mounting the F3 with my wife setting on the seat. I couldn’t lift my legs and keep my balance to cross the seat. I tried getting on first and then her which worked, but when stopped we had to get off the bike and the me. Dealer was great working with us, even setup a Ryker for us to try... no go! But all hope was not lost. We tried a 2015 with floorboards and viola!!! Fit great!! The only RT I had been on was a 2012 with pegs...the floorboards are the trick for me. I maintain 3 points of contact while climbing aboard and legs stretched out enough to be comfortable. So we left deposits on 2 we liked them so much. My father-in-law bought a 2015 and I bought the 12 and they are adding 18” floorboards for me. The 12 only has 7,200 miles. Dealer really wanted to make ]I know they are to sell machines, but the owner, sales manager, parts people and service got involved to get me back to riding.

Pick them up tomorrow! I can’t thank you guy’s enough for the advice and encouragement to get back on the road. Even though not an F3 I joined the Spyder family today!

89AB74ED-EED3-4638-9E16-1E6CB68ACCEA.jpg
    D5E0DD73-4BED-4D48-9526-180A137D646E.jpg

Spyder Garage

Congratulations x 2!

Yep floorboards have made all the difference on my ST-S. Never thought that would be the case but they are great.
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Congrats!

Spyder Garage

Ed, congratulations on your 2012 Spyder purchase. I have heard that the 2012 RT is the best of the 998 V twin RT’s. Be sure you and your father-in-law read the “Do’s and Do Nots” thread in the Spyder General Discussion forum. The shift points are different for the 2012 RT vs the 2015 RT. Your RT will be more of a high revving engine versus your father-in-law’s RT. Once you get accustomed to your new ride contact me if you wish to be on our email list for Saturday lunches.

John
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Yes, we will reach out for sure. I haven’t ridden in 5 years and he never has, so I am going to trailer them when picking up and then we are signing up for Can Am rider education. I fell like I need just because it’s not a motorcycle.