Spyder Garage

Default Probably buying 2019 f3 limited today from dealer. Questions

I think we have come to the decision with the great close out prices and fewer f3 limited coming up used for a decent price, we are just getting a new one while they still have them at dealer in color we want. Question is, they will give us 20% off all accessories if we come up and deposit today. We will want a driver backrest, taller windshield. Should we just buy from dealer or are we better off buying online. We have no experience in spyders so just installing on our own may not be as easy for my husband than all of you. I have received a wealth of information from everyone here and have gone from a $10,000 used 2012 RT limited to this. Your feedback has been greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Spyder Garage

Congrats- great time to buy.

Spyder Garage

I would purchase from aftermarket as the BRP windshield is not as nice as an F4 shield and the backrest from Lamonster is less $ and works well. Both are easy installs.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

You are going to like the 2019 F3L...ask me how I know?

The accessory stuff can all be a part of the "dicker" factor. Many dealers will give some kind of break if you get the accessories from them and they do the install.

Accessories have a high mark up so this is where the dealer makes some additional money on the deal. Some are willing to share that with the customer.

A discount off the MSRP in the form of a %. 20% may be a little high...but they can only say no to that. Free installation is another possiblity. I did no discount on the accessories I bought and got free installation. With shop rates at $100+ an hour...install of a few accessories can be a very good deal.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Question on the seat. I see lamonstar run 294 and the can am seat is 399 but we get 20% discount so almost the same. Are the seats comparable or do you think the lamonster is a lot better so even for same price get lamonster ? Free install and getting it at dealer is easier unless there is a good reason for aftermarket.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deblog View Post
    Question on the seat. I see lamonstar run 294 and the can am seat is 399 but we get 20% discount so almost the same. Are the seats comparable or do you think the lamonster is a lot better so even for same price get lamonster ? Free install and getting it at dealer is easier unless there is a good reason for aftermarket.
    At the moment, Lamonster is my go to for service and for aftermarket accessories. He has a reputation for selling good stuff. I bought a Cannonball Cross Country for mine, through the BRP site...I paid MSRP but got free delivery (about $100 worth). Install was a snap. Seat install is very easy. A hundred bucks less is good.

I am shortly going for a 3,000 mile break-in service on my F3. I have a wish list of $800+ in accessories to be installed by his shop. All aftermarket.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-29-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

What are the $800 in accessories you are getting?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I would purchase from aftermarket as the BRP windshield is not as nice as an F4 shield and the backrest from Lamonster is less $ and works well. Both are easy installs.
    …. Any accessories sold at the dealer will be BRP labeled and therefore more expensive than after-market …. Imho the quality offered by after-market can be lots better ….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

What are the $800 in accessories you are getting?
    PM sent

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I looked at the BRP driver backrest before I bought Lamonsters. BRP was not adjustable forward and back. That was a deal breaker for me. F4 customs has top notch windshields.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

We bought our F3 but held off on windshield and the backrest due to recommendations here. Thank you. Will pick up in a week or 2 when weather gets better here in Ohio.

Spyder Garage

I think we have come to the decision with the great close out prices and fewer f3 limited coming up used for a decent price, we are just getting a new one while they still have them at dealer in color we want. Question is, they will give us 20% off all accessories if we come up and deposit today. We will want a driver backrest, taller windshield. Should we just buy from dealer or are we better off buying online. We have no experience in spyders so just installing on our own may not be as easy for my husband than all of you. I have received a wealth of information from everyone here and have gone from a $10,000 used 2012 RT limited to this. Your feedback has been greatly appreciated. Thank You.
    You could have the driver position adjusted to your preferences. It requires some parts and labor.

There are 5 different footpeg positions and each one requires a different brake rod. It comes in position 3.

There are 5 different positions for the handlebars. It comes with position B. Each position requires a different handlebar.

Have you seen this?
    https://www.publications.brp.com/201..._us-en/?page=1

Just a thought
    ba
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2019 RT L for $20,000 from motomember in Virginia. He had about 40 Spyders all kind

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Charlottes Web View Post
    I just bought a 2019 RT L for $20,000 from motomember in Virginia. He had about 40 Spyders all kind
    That’s where I bought my F3-S SM6. Great business.
    2019 F3S SM6 , Black metallic with pearl color change

Spyder Garage

Congrats! ... Bought my 2019 F3L (Dark) last Saturday and picked it up last night. 100 mile ride today and stock standard it sticks to the road like glue and carves through the twists like it is on rails. You will love it.
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

I had called motomember while we drove to our delearship. Preferred blue with black and they had blue with chrome. Could not find blue in Ohio or southern Michigan. Sales rep from motomember said they did not have blue in black so I did not get a price. He was supposed to call us back if they could find one but only had 1 hr till we got to dealership. They never called me back. We paid 20383 without our local tax though. Was $20,000 with tax too? If so would have been worth a 5 hour drive

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
    You could have the driver position adjusted to your preferences. It requires some parts and labor.

There are 5 different footpeg positions and each one requires a different brake rod. It comes in position 3.

There are 5 different positions for the handlebars. It comes with position B. Each position requires a different handlebar.

Have you seen this?
    https://www.publications.brp.com/201..._us-en/?page=1

Just a thought
    ba
    We did get the handlebars and extension. Our dealer guessed at what we needed. They did not have any type of fitting tool there. We went with position 4 and they said they could easily move to 5 if needed when we pick it up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I looked at the BRP driver backrest before I bought Lamonsters. BRP was not adjustable forward and back. That was a deal breaker for me. F4 customs has top notch windshields.

You must have looked at an old f-3 backrest, because the ones they sell now are adjustable back and forth.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

We bought our F3 but held off on windshield and the backrest due to recommendations here. Thank you. Will pick up in a week or 2 when weather gets better here in Ohio.
    I am still with the OEM short windshield. So far, I am not seeing the need to change it. I like that I can look way over it and so far, no buffeting. Cannot speak for a passenger, since I ride solo. We will see if I still have it when we get ready for Deadwood in July. Riding in my first rainstorm will be the telling item there.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I am still with the OEM short windshield. So far, I am not seeing the need to change it. I like that I can look way over it and so far, no buffeting. Cannot speak for a passenger, since I ride solo. We will see if I still have it when we get ready for Deadwood in July. Riding in my first rainstorm will be the telling item there.
    I have a 2016 F3-T and it had the OEM windshield. But for the first month or two, I rode by myself. When I had my passenger start riding with me, she said she was getting hit hard by wind. I bought the 23" F4 windshield, installed it and noticed instantly how much nicer the ride was. AND my passenger said she can barely feel the wind as well. So you will want to replace it. And the F4 is the best one I have ever seen.