Spyder Garage

Default 2017 Spyder f3 touring question

We are looking for Spyder f3 limited. We saw an ad for a 2017 Spyder f3 touring without the passenger seat and storage unit. Other than gps is there anything else not on it and can we buy a 2 up seat with storage to add to it? We are really new with Spyders

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Deblog, you need to try and look at some in person where you can at least sit on them, (F3L and RTL) to add a good seat and back case is about 3K to the F3L if its not there. The F3L and RTL Sit different for the driver and passenger and ride a lot different for the passenger.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

We went to dealership and sat on both. My husband is too cramped on the rt limited so we do need the f3 limited. We saw an add for a nice looking F3 touring in a color he wants so we wanted to investigate. Looks like it is sold anyway if persons loan goes through.

Spyder Garage

I as the passenger do like the rt better but the F3 is ok. My husbands legs are bent and tough to get to brake. Very uncomfortable. He fits well on the f3 limited. Now 2020 RT fits well but not spending that kind of money.

Spyder Garage

I see. I would look for something that has all the main things there i.e. top case back and foot rest for passenger. The cup holders you can get later. Make sure your end of the Spyder is setup before you buy, because to have it added later cost a lot more to add. Good luck shopping!! I hope you are enjoying the forum getting the info and help you need.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

This forum has been extremely helpful! We were looking at a 2013 and learned about the 1330 engine. I would never guess it would be 3000 to add the passenger seat with storage. Thank you so much.

Spyder Garage

You can add the stuff a lot cheaper if you do things your self and take your time and try and find used or just cheaper stuff. But you should get a good seat as well as the rider. Top case no speakers stock seat do it your self maybe half that or a little less. I don't say anything bad about any bike but the 2013 RT had issues (a lot) But they did fix them after some time and in the end they were ok to very good.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 02-27-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deblog View Post
    I as the passenger do like the rt better but the F3 is ok. My husbands legs are bent and tough to get to brake. Very uncomfortable. He fits well on the f3 limited. Now 2020 RT fits well but not spending that kind of money.
    You can get a 2017 F3L with trunk used in the 17k range. Spyderpops has a trunk extender kit for under 400 bucks. That gives the passenger around 4 inches more room. Has a factory look to it. My wife loves the room now on my 2018 F3L. Here is a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

we found a 2017 pearl white f3 limited with 4200 miles,extended warranty for 15,200, bought the spyderpops trunk extender and we are both happy,just keep looking