Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I'm definitely going M2. I had my mind set on the standard set and now this pro street set comes into play. I've had Eibach springs on a car before and loved the handling amd.would.prefer them on the spyder. I'll reach out to him.

Spyder Garage

As I'm sure you already now tell him your a spyderlovers member for a big discount.

Please report back with any new info.

Take care,
    P.W

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are pretty busy right now not sure of his lead times when ordering the shocks.

I have the early version M2 and am happy with them, wonder what the difference is between the two shocks?

Spyder Garage

They must be busy, ordered mine on 4/11 and don't have them yet

Spyder Garage

Yep.....expect a fairly long wait when ordering......But what do you do?

P.W.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep just spoke to Marcus recently and he did say he was swamped with work and keep in mind the Virus issue too.. You will not be disappointed the product is quality and customer service is outstanding.

Spyder Garage

He told me 3 - 5 week wait a few days ago.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Yes I spoke with him about the shocks. Very responsive and he did mention a change in spring vendors., but overall same shock. I'm happy with that as I have justified the full setup in my mind and any changes starts my whole process over lol.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe some of his sourced parts are now purchased where available , as the shipments from over seas have been pretty much stopped.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I believe some of his sourced parts are now purchased where available , as the shipments from over seas have been pretty much stopped.
    That's correct, My set of M2's were delayed a couple of weeks because Eibach is located in CA. and were or are still on Cov19 lockdown.
    The M2 internals come from Europe and they are dealing with the same stuff. I now have over 300 miles on mine since installing a week ago.
    M2's are custom built for you and your ride. They are not a pull off the shelf same shock for everybody.
    These are GREAT shocks and well worth the wait.

T.P.
    M2 OUTSHOCKING the competition every day

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

I am not currently in the market for new shock components, but listening to most of you who have had conversations or dealings with M2, it is nice to know their are quality companies with good customer service and products and seem to remember who is the CUSTOMER in the transaction.

Spyder Garage

Are these shocks like Elka and need to be rebuilt every year or two? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I sure hope not..... I just ordered a set.

PW.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

I've read that Elka recommends a rebuild at 70k. I can live with that if that is the standard for a performance shock. I'm sure a rebuild is a fraction of the initial investment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    I've read that Elka recommends a rebuild at 70k. I can live with that if that is the standard for a performance shock. I'm sure a rebuild is a fraction of the initial investment.
    I had Elka's before. It was every 2 years. Send them in to a rebuilder. Then wait for them to be returned. It was 2-4 weeks without a ride. Have not seen anything from M2. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I had Elka's before. It was every 2 years. Send them in to a rebuilder. Then wait for them to be returned. It was 2-4 weeks without a ride. Have not seen anything from M2. Tom
    Call Marcus (573)308-0336

T.P.

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Are these shocks like Elka and need to be rebuilt every year or two? Tom
    I sure hope not. I believe, from other people AND their warranty shop that they did get a batch of poor seals. Well I have had to have both of my fronts re-done about 1 year apart and I hope I am through with the problem. I still am happy with the performance.

Spyder Garage

This is what I received from Marcus I asked him about this question. Thanks for the email. Honestly, I expect no issues with “seals blown”. We dyno test the shocks with about a total 2000 stroke cycles. Seals on a shock are like piston rings in a motor…they work best when they are broken in. We have arguable have the best reputation in the industry on that literally was just writing about this on my FB Page. https://www.facebook.com/marcus.mcba...22406834103110

I can’t change anything about rocks hitting a shock shaft, but other than our prototypes (which we used a vendor that was ultimately “turned down” and that was only 12 sets), we have not had any issues up to this point.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Marcus McBain
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    This is what I received from Marcus I asked him about this question. Thanks for the email. Honestly, I expect no issues with “seals blown”. We dyno test the shocks with about a total 2000 stroke cycles. Seals on a shock are like piston rings in a motor…they work best when they are broken in. We have arguable have the best reputation in the industry on that literally was just writing about this on my FB Page. https://www.facebook.com/marcus.mcba...22406834103110

I can’t change anything about rocks hitting a shock shaft, but other than our prototypes (which we used a vendor that was ultimately “turned down” and that was only 12 sets), we have not had any issues up to this point.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Marcus McBain
    M2 OUTSHOCKING the Competition everyday!

Get the Right Shocks, Get the Best shocks, GIT R DONE Right the 1st Time.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

I cant find anything on the pro street shocks. What was the difference from the regular shocks and the price?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nocked View Post
    I cant find anything on the pro street shocks. What was the difference from the regular shocks and the price?
    Call MARCUS (573)308-0336

Eibach coilover springs. I have 500+ miles on mine now and they are GREAT shocks.

We do have a 20% SL Discount

T.P.

Spyder Garage

I have just over a year and 10k + miles on my M2 Shocks.
    5 days a week I do a 66 mile round trip, high speed commute over the 3rd World washboard that passes for canyon roads out here in SoCal.
    If anyone was going to lose a seal, it would be me. (and I hope I didn't just jinx myself!)
    The complaints about blown seals is what steered me away from the Elka's.
    No complaints about the M2 Shocks, worth the price. And the wait.
    2015 STS SE5 * Bajaron sway bar and end links * M2 Shocks
    * PPA Wheels * Centramatic balancers
    *HMF Exhaust * CalSci Windshield
    2015 STS , Bajaron Black/White/Red

Spyder Garage

I have just over 4000 miles on mine. blasted through the Black Hills twice this Summer with them. A great addition to help in the twisties.

A GREAT PRODUCT!

M2 OUTSHOCKING the Competition everyday! We do have a 20% SL Discount

T.P.

Spyder Garage

I finally got my M2 shocks up and going on my F3-S. These shocks really help the spyder hug the road. I'm really impressed with the dampening as I had certain lanes of the main road here with bad dips in the road that would make the stock shocks bottom out and really upset the spyder. Ryding the same road with M2 shocks and it literally passes through them like they are not there. I had to stand up on the spyder before it was so bad..absolutely amazing. Off camber high speed lanes with dips, no problem..very happy camper now..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

The end of the 2020 riding season in Minnesota. I put 5600 miles on my M2 shocks this year. raced through the Black Hills twice with them this Summer.
    Great Shocks means a great controled ride and my Spyder goes where I steer it. NO wallowing through the curves at speed +

PLAN AHEAD FOLKS!! Lead times may vary depending on the time of the year, and the World Covid pandemic

Spyder Lovers members get a 20% discount

Call MARCUS (573)308-0336

M2 OUTSHOCKING the Competition everyday!

T.P.