From page 1 of the thread - Here:

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    https://www.m2shocks.com/canam-spyder-products

Make sure to use the "spyderlovers.com" discount code at checkout
    Or from page 2, here:

Call Marcus (573)308-0336

T.P.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-03-2021 at 10:53 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I must admit that I do not understand how someone can ask a question or post an answer on a thread (or on FB for that matter) without actually reading the responses already provided. This is not having a go at you in particular, Pappa-Z, but I see it often and it really does puzzle me, especially in a thread that is only a couple of pages long. .

Someone recently asked on the SL FB site - “where is this vibration coming from at around 70mph”, and there were over 50 replies of “belt vibration”, one after the other. Obviously, some people do not even read the post directly before theirs before replying. I just don’t get it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I was mulling over buying the Elka Stage 5 Shocks for my F3-S. After this thread, I think I'm going with M2s.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make sure you mention the spyderlovers for a discount if you buy them.

Spyder Garage

Taking my M2's out to the Black Hills for DW3. 6878 miles on them now and have enjoyed all of those miles under increased ride control. These are a Fantastic addition if you ride hard.

https://www.m2shocks.com/canam-spyder-products. Make sure to use the "spyderlovers.com" discount code at checkout.

These M2 shocks are GREAT! Thats all there is to it!

OUTSHOCKING! the Competition every day

T.P.

Spyder Garage

what is the difference in the pro street and the regular m2's except that they actually match my F3?
    I wonder if he will do a remote on the rears like Lamonster offers with the Elkas?
    I have an Limited wonder how they will work with the airbag, I'm sure he will adjust for that.
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadRAGIN View Post
    what is the difference in the pro street and the regular m2's except that they actually match my F3?
    I wonder if he will do a remote on the rears like Lamonster offers with the Elkas?
    I have an Limited wonder how they will work with the airbag, I'm sure he will adjust for that.
    As mentioned earlier, in this thread & elsewhere, your best bet is probably to.....

Call Marcus (573)308-0336

T.P.
    He's generally a very helpful bloke.

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

They may tell you to unplug the compressor and drop the bag pressure down to 10-20 lbs. I would check with the builder!!! The reason I say that is that he is going to valve and spring your new shock to handle the load your carrying and your riding style; if the bag is still in the works as a working factor, they may fight with each other.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-15-2021 at 09:40 PM. Reason: caring = carrying ;-)
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

what is the difference in the pro street and the regular m2's ....
    It was a change to Eibach springs

T.P.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-15-2021 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I must admit that I do not understand how someone can ask a question or post an answer on a thread (or on FB for that matter) without actually reading the responses already provided. This is not having a go at you in particular, Pappa-Z, but I see it often and it really does puzzle me, especially in a thread that is only a couple of pages long. .

Someone recently asked on the SL FB site - “where is this vibration coming from at around 70mph”, and there were over 50 replies of “belt vibration”, one after the other. Obviously, some people do not even read the post directly before theirs before replying. I just don’t get it.

Pete
    Go to the DESS mile long thread and you will get the same questions..I probably be censored now

Spyder Garage

What are your thoughts on that muffler?
    Is it louder than stock?
    Performance?
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

10,581 miles on my M2's when put away for the Winter.
    They have been a great addition to ride control, https://www.m2shocks.com/canam-spyder-products Make sure to use the "spyderlovers.com" discount code at checkout.

These M2 shocks are GREAT! Thats all there is to it!
    OUTSHOCKING! the Competition every day

T.P.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question I'm loving my Ikons but have a swaybar question

My Ikons are working quite well for me as your M2s are working for you. I've put 500+ miles on them including 4 runs on my 17 mile Descanso-to-Alpine test road (2 uphill, 2 downhill) which includes 4th gear smooth sweepers, 1st gear rough corners and much else. The ride is what I expected including sharp bumps which no Spyder shock can mitigate: unsprung heavy wheels with stiff sidewall car tires at 20psi into the relatively light sprung chassis -- the physics math rules.

My question is: did you keep the BRP swaybar (which I have so far) or did you switch to the BR/LM swaybar. I see one F3 rider switched but I'm an old and slow RT rider. I've taken turns with the front tires howling but lean was never an issue. Ever since my track Mustang was lifting the inside front wheel I've favored lighter swaybars but Spyders ain't cars by a long shot. Your swaybar experience is?
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    My Ikons are working quite well for me as your M2s are working for you. I've put 500+ miles on them including 4 runs on my 17 mile Descanso-to-Alpine test road (2 uphill, 2 downhill) which includes 4th gear smooth sweepers, 1st gear rough corners and much else. The ride is what I expected including sharp bumps which no Spyder shock can mitigate: unsprung heavy wheels with stiff sidewall car tires at 20psi into the relatively light sprung chassis -- the physics math rules.

My question is: did you keep the BRP swaybar (which I have so far) or did you switch to the BR/LM swaybar. I see one F3 rider switched but I'm an old and slow RT rider. I've taken turns with the front tires howling but lean was never an issue. Ever since my track Mustang was lifting the inside front wheel I've favored lighter swaybars but Spyders ain't cars by a long shot. Your swaybar experience is?
    Maybe you should start your own thread, you may get more reply's!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

BERT, Mine started out as a Pitbull PB-1 F3T that came with a take off RT swaybar installed, Didn't take me long to get a BAJARON bar on it for better ride control.

T.P.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

m2 with bajaron sway bay way 2 go

Spyder Garage

I'll be upgrading from my occasional two up shock shortly. Considering M2, Race Tech and Wilbers. Race Tech is at the front at this point, due to local support and slight discount pricing. I'll be in contact with Marcus too.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I'll be upgrading from my occasional two up shock shortly. Considering M2, Race Tech and Wilbers. Race Tech is at the front at this point, due to local support and slight discount pricing. I'll be in contact with Marcus too.
    Possibly Clark Jones at Noleen can build you a shock. Bummer, the best, Ohlins, is not interested in Spyders.

https://www.noleenj6.com/

Just got done rebuilding a few sets of shocks. The 40 year old Ohlins for my 1981 KTM, a set of Works Performance for my buddies 1981 Maico 490, and a set of super rare 50 year old original Works Performance shocks, no bike to install these on yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Possibly Clark Jones at Noleen can build you a shock. Bummer, the best, Ohlins, is not interested in Spyders.

https://www.noleenj6.com/

Just got done rebuilding a few sets of shocks. The 40 year old Ohlins for my 1981 KTM, a set of Works Performance for my buddies 1981 Maico 490, and a set of super rare 50 year old original Works Performance shocks, no bike to install these on yet.
    I'm fortunate to have a reputable suspension shop 40 miles from my home. I'll likely take my OEM shock there and let them take a look. Being in WI, I have some time
    http://tracksidesuspension.com/

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thanks for M2 experience

My thanks to T.P and fatboy for sharing their swaybar choice to match their M2 shocks. They're both riding those sporty F3s while I'm riding a staid RT. I hope to hear from RT riders with M2s.

During my Sunrise Highway ride, sidewinds (around 50mph) created the most unstable lean. For most corners, including my test road, the lean was acceptable while the shocks remained compliant. Sometimes there would be lean weirdness with off-camber or bad pavement turns. But I really am hesitant to give up that comfortable compliance.

For the most part making turns in the twisties, I touch the brakes to help enter the turn and then accelerate from there. And even though I run high RPMs (love that Rotax 4K powerband) I don't like to control the suspension with the throttle due to powertrain slack. Plus the Spyder throttle profile doesn't lend itself to fine control of changes (at least for me) and I'd rather not install a PedalBox/PedalCommander. So I just keep the RPMs up and use the brakes. So far the nanny doesn't seem to mind.

I'll wait a few weeks to see if any other M2 folks chime in with their swaybar choices. But at the moment I'm favoring selling my still-in-the-box BR/LM swaybar. The Ikons are working really well for me and I'm not sure a swaybar change will make things better.

Mikey -- I posted in this M2 thread because I only wanted to hear from M2 owners.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i have them on my rtl also sorry i need to up date my about me but i can not get it to let me edit
    Last edited by fatboy; 01-05-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    i have them on my rtl also sorry i need to up date my about me but i can not get it to let me edit
    Send me a PM with the details you want it changed to & I can fix it for you!

Or if you tell me via PM what is occurring when you try to edit/update, I might be able to guide you thru the process...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I'm fortunate to have a reputable suspension shop 40 miles from my home. I'll likely take my OEM shock there and let them take a look. Being in WI, I have some time
    http://tracksidesuspension.com/
    I recall you have your go to suspension shop. The focal point of my post was seeing you have Race Tech as a number 1 contender. Merely suggesting Noleen as another possibility, if the can supply a shock that fits. Pretty much the folks I chat suspension with rate the Noleen shocks superior to RT, but both behind Ohlins.