Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Just bought a set of chrome wheels off Marketplace up in Jacksonville, They cam off of a 2016 F3 Limited and are in excellent condition. Now I have to buy a 2020 RTL, LOL

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kimrpaige View Post
    Hello again,
    I went to Seminole Powersports today and test drove a 2020 RTL Dark in Chalk. What a great dealer especially compared to Daytona Funsports. Coming off a GW and other bikes, actually first time on a 3 wheeler, it was different. I read a lot of posts before I tested also read the do's and don'ts prior. The biggest issue was the lateral movement. I found that if you do not grip the bars so tight it made a world of difference. I am sure after a few hundreds miles I will be much more confident. I am going to pull the trigger, Seminole offers a military discount of 5% off MSRP and 10% off accessories. So roughly $1400 off, basically covers the destination charge and the assembly charge. Also When I take the test ride in Daytona next week I will get a $500 off coupon. Now what color..... I love the Petrol but also want to look at the red in person before I decide. Also they had a beautiful left over 2019 RTL in orange, absolutely fell in love with that one, but at my size it is a no brainer to go with the superior 2020!!! So my wife told me to get the Petrol and have it wrapped in orange, so I may be having a orange 2020 RTL and I am going to find some chrome wheels for it. Not sure when the red ones are due in, another thread says maybe end of March or April, not in a big hurry but I am quite excited, LOL. Thanks everyone especially Tango for the recommendations. I will also say anyone coming down for Bike Week and want to find a great dealership, go to Seminole Powersports and talk to Spyder Dave or any other sales reps, I am impressed!!! Thanks again, Kim
    When I bought my 2014 RT I didn't pay a destination or assembly charge ….. most folks on this site have posted they didn't pay them either … doesn't sound like a great dealer to me ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    When I bought my 2014 RT I didn't pay a destination or assembly charge ….. most folks on this site have posted they didn't pay them either … doesn't sound like a great dealer to me ….. Mike
    x 2 I don't and have never. 6 Spyders so far. Both of those fees should be built in to the MSRP.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krakum1967 View Post
    I am keeping my RS-S. It turned into such a bad ass little strip runner with all the performance mods. This is one of the quickest trips to 100 mph I have ever ridden (car or bike) now and this will be my Saturday Night Special. Which is perfect as I am selling my Triumph Thruxton, and that bike can hit the rev limiters in all 5 gears, I once ran down a Honda CBX on that bike, the rider was not a great rider, but still. Anyway....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new RT. They took so much of the over accented curves, and what my kids call the "glitzy Foo Foo Level has been appropriately dropped. I like the layout of the LED light (in a line, not all over the front of the hood like you see with some of the new cars), and I LOVE THE FLOORBOARDS.....Finaly you can slide a foot forward and stick your leg into the corner like on a snowmobile and having the full tunnel rail like on the old style ones.

By the way, I made the conscious effort to simply switch to "Snowmobile racing" riding style, and my comfort level on the trike has VASTLY improved. Now the bar kit is in, I can change the bars to be more snowmobile like and that will set me up for good.

But that new RT will be our 2 up machine, I think its the Bees Knees....
    Krakum1967....this post caught my attention as I am a long-time sled rider planning to pick up my first Spyder soon (2020 RTL). I'll be transitioning from 2 wheels to 3, and my short demo rides on Spyders so far have made me think exactly what you said, that it's more like a snowmobile than a bike in some ways. So I'm excited to get to learn the specific handling characteristics of the Spyder. Part of me is a little nervous that I'll miss the gyroscope feel of a 2 wheeler, but hoping that there will be off-setting fun with 3 wheels.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by japgen View Post
    Part of me is a little nervous that I'll miss the gyroscope feel of a 2 wheeler, but hoping that there will be off-setting fun with 3 wheels.
    There will be!!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Blueknight and Artraveler I have 2 dealers to buy from. One charges freight and prep. The other doesn't. Both good dealers. I bought from the one that does charge because he took 6200 off msrp on my 18 F3L in July of 2018. The other only the 2500 rebate can am was giving. Including the fee I still got mine for 2800 less than the no fee dealer. So otd price is what counts I guess.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Blueknight and Artraveler I have 2 dealers to buy from. One charges freight and prep. The other doesn't. Both good dealers. I bought from the one that does charge because he took 6200 off msrp on my 18 F3L in July of 2018. The other only the 2500 rebate can am was giving. Including the fee I still got mine for 2800 less than the no fee dealer. So otd price is what counts I guess.
    OTD: is the price that I look at too. There is always some give and take, as long as you are aware, and it looks like you know exactly what your doing, your good. They ding you in one place and give some back in another...your good to go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red