Thread: Elio

Spyder Garage

Default Elio

Every so often I check the status of the ELIO. For those who have not heard of this 3 wheel vehicle go to elio.com. The first time I saw an Elio was at the Freehold Mall in New Jersey in the summer of 2012 and was intrigued that it would make a perfect year round commuting vehicle. I asked Elio when they expect production to start since it has been 7.5 years since I first saw one. Here is their response which to me means that it will never be built (I did not invest in this vehicle):

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Feb 25, 11:41 EST

Hello John,
    The production date is estimated to be 76 weeks from the timely and successful completion of our current and subsequent fundraising efforts. The timing and availability of the funds can move and we will do everything we can to keep the project moving forward by utilizing each piece of funding received, as we receive it. Thank you for your support.
    Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
    The Elio Team

Spyder Garage

My sister-in-law has had a $500 contribution in for many years. I'm guessing it's money lost

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

They have been promising this vehicle next year for many years now. No idea how they can still be taking peoples money.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They're comatose! Nothing about production on their website and latest SEC filing is 2016. Blogs posted in the past couple of years are all blather.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update. No surprise here. We pretty much discussed every phase of this product in earlier years.

The product, when examined close, had many flaws. My favorite was the test drive in New York City, when the fender fell off in the middle of the drive.

Paul Elio was very good at extracting money from some big players, and from the general public to make deposits on a promised build, always two to three years in the future. The production date kept advancing.

The GM plant in Louisiana deal, must have fallen through.

The Elio was a bunch of promises, promises, promises that never happened.

I adopted a "it will never be built" stance from the very beginning. The other side, and a small group of us had some interesting debates over the subject.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Memories of the "good ol days."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Elio

Some law enforcement agency should request a Financial AUDIT from some Court......If the ELIO Corp. isn't a " ponzie scheme " then I don't know what it ….. jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default The ELIO is a scam, but the DALE - - -

Everyone knows the Elio is a vapor car.

But, the Dale is truly the car of the future!! Guess what? The Future is NOW!!!!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FCA&FORM=VIRE

ENJOY!!!

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    Every so often I check the status of the ELIO. For those who have not heard of this 3 wheel vehicle go to elio.com. The first time I saw an Elio was at the Freehold Mall in New Jersey in the summer of 2012 and was intrigued that it would make a perfect year round commuting vehicle. I asked Elio when they expect production to start since it has been 7.5 years since I first saw one. Here is their response which to me means that it will never be built (I did not invest in this vehicle):

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Feb 25, 11:41 EST

Hello John,
    The production date is estimated to be 76 weeks from the timely and successful completion of our current and subsequent fundraising efforts. The timing and availability of the funds can move and we will do everything we can to keep the project moving forward by utilizing each piece of funding received, as we receive it. Thank you for your support.
    Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
    The Elio Team
    Those are the exact same words they posted on their FB page 47 weeks ago and 19 weeks ago! Elio's last update post on his FB page was April 2019.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Always was and is a Scam..you could never ever build a car/bike for the price they were asking!!!!