Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Handle bar sizing - I-fit

In another thread I had mentioned that my dealer for my 2020 Spyder RT Limited, Billy Mulyar at Motomember in Purcellville, VA, had a device to test out different handlebar sizes. I did not find the post where the question was asked, but I did say that the next time I went to the dealer I would ask about it and get a picture.

The product is called I-fit and below is a picture of it:

IMG-1712.jpg

This is the first time I have tried to load a picture and since I don't see it I am not sure if it worked, could be to large of a file. I will post this anyway and explore uploading photos in the forum a bit more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

actually what you are looking at is called the "U-FIT" system.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I just said I-fit because that is what my dealer called it. I will tell him the next time I see him.

Spyder Garage

It is a shame that a dealer does not know his own products.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

You might be right about it being a shame, but honestly given all the conversations we had and his detailed knowledge on everything else on the 2020 Spyder, I think giving the wrong name falls in the trivial category to me. And the beauty of the forum is that there are individuals that correct errors which is great. If this was one of my paid engineering jobs then a name error would be a problem, just my opinion on what really matters given that this is not a job for me. But I am happy that you corrected me to the benefit of all other forum readers. Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

You are correct, and if that is all he is mistaken on, he could qualify as a decent dealer

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Huh .. I guess I thought the U-Fit system was for F3 models only?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Any idea if the UFit system will work on the 2020 RT handlebars?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Huh .. I guess I thought the U-Fit system was for F3 models only?
    The picture sown is on an F3.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    The picture sown is on an F3.
    Correct, but the OP was talking about it in regards to his 2020 RT LTD, hence my confusion

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2020 rt has same bars as f3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    Ahh.. OK. Didn't know that.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That is what I was told by the BRP rep. on my test ride, so I removed my short reach bars from my F3/T and when my
    2020 RTL arrives I will install them on it.

Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Yes indeed......that’s why Heli bars have just released a fully adjustable handlebar that they advertise fits F3 models AND the 2020 RT.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry for the confusion, I was just using it for the 2020 Spyder RT Limited and was not paying attention to other models. I am glad someone with more knowledge jumped in with the correct answer. My key objective was just to get a picture uploaded so that it could be seen. Have a great day.

Spyder Garage

The U-Fit system is now used on both the 2020 F3 and the RT Spyders, for the handlebars. According to Can-Am's website the long reach and the short reach bars have the same part number, respectively.

Spyder Garage

The 2020 RT handlebars are considerably shorter than even the standard F3 bars from prior years let alone the short reach bars. I'm just wondering if there's enough slack in the wiring to be able to install them. The 2020 brochure doesn't show any handlebar option for the RT. It does show handlebar options for the F3. Has anyone tried to change out the 2020 RT bars?
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    The 2020 RT handlebars are considerably shorter than even the standard F3 bars from prior years let alone the short reach bars. I'm just wondering if there's enough slack in the wiring to be able to install them. The 2020 brochure doesn't show any handlebar option for the RT. It does show handlebar options for the F3. Has anyone tried to change out the 2020 RT bars?
    Now there is a very valid question, Copperman. I was hoping to use my Lamonster Billy Club bars on the 20RT if I went that way, but if the slack is not there, . We really won’t know until someone tries it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Here is one of the accessory bars that are being offered for the 2020 RT. I found this in the BUILD section of the Spyder website.https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/build...ar=2020#step/3
    SPYDER BAR.jpg
    My Spyder mechanic tells me that there is enough room in the wiring to install any of the Can-Am Spyder bars.

Spyder Garage

Hi all, So if I want a closer bar position, it’s the “short reach” bar? And how much $$ and is that easy for a semi/not-so-much mechanic abilities person to do? Thanx!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SCWSpyder View Post
    Hi all, So if I want a closer bar position, it’s the “short reach” bar? And how much $$ and is that easy for a semi/not-so-much mechanic abilities person to do? Thanx!
    $ 149.00 and very easy to install ..... IF you have enough slack in the wires that go to the handlebar controls

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Joe, Thank you! I have a ‘20 RTL so am assuming wire slack is not a problem?

Spyder Garage

Don't assume.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Don't assume, we have not tried it yet.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

I originally had the bars put on where they come closest to the rider, which I imagine that is what is called the short reach (which the dealer indicated that it was the A position handlebar). No problem with the cable length. My guess, could be wrong, is that BRP does not make different cable lengths for each handlebar as I had mine changed after the motorcycle came in to the Dealer.

After riding with my wife I have decided that I don't want them that close to my body so the dealer is going to change out the handlebars for me to the next size (which I think he called position B but I am not totally sure). Though I am waiting for the heated comfort seats to be installed to see if that makes a position difference.