Spyder Garage

Default GPS compatabilty

Just bought a 2017 RT Limited from a dealer ( not Can am), In the deal they agreed to a GPS that mounts in the center of the bars. There was not one with the spyder but the owners wife has a 2015 and he said she never used it and he would supply that one. Now I get a call that the 2015 unit does not fit on the 2017's mount. Are they indeed different and can this problem be resolved..Thanks for the input for a new rider,

Spyder Garage

The GPS mounts are unit specific so the 2017's mount may be for the garmin 590 while the GPS unit from the 2015 is a garmin 660. Check the GPS unit to determine which one it is; if it is the 660; the mount is difficult to find and you may have to re-negotiate the GPS portion of your deal. The 590 is listed in the BRP catalog for $1,079.99, but I saw it on ebay for $429. on Garmin site for $799. Good Luck

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The clasps on the center mounting plate is different between a Garmin 665 and a 595. As was mentioned above, make sure the mounting plate being offered in the deal is compatible with your GPS model.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    The GPS mounts are unit specific so the 2017's mount may be for the garmin 590 while the GPS unit from the 2015 is a garmin 660. Check the GPS unit to determine which one it is; if it is the 660; the mount is difficult to find and you may have to re-negotiate the GPS portion of your deal. The 590 is listed in the BRP catalog for $1,079.99, but I saw it on ebay for $429. on Garmin site for $799. Good Luck
    Your quote for the BRP Garmin 590 of $1079.99 is for CAD. The USD price is still $799.99.https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...er-models.html

Also, there are different mounts for the Garmin 660 and the Garmin 590.
    660: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...handlebar.html

590: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...s-support.html

Spyder Garage

The older 660s (like I had) fit the 2014 RTLs. In 2015 the GPS units were upgraded and are a bit larger so they will not fit the older 660 cradles. I believe, but am not positive, 2015 thru 2017 GPS models are interchangeable. You should be good to go..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by littlebear View Post
    Just bought a 2017 RT Limited from a dealer ( not Can am), In the deal they agreed to a GPS that mounts in the center of the bars. There was not one with the spyder but the owners wife has a 2015 and he said she never used it and he would supply that one. Now I get a call that the 2015 unit does not fit on the 2017's mount. Are they indeed different and can this problem be resolved..Thanks for the input for a new rider,
    I am fixing to sell my 590 that is on a Spyder RT... but in looking because of this thread, I see that Can-Am now has a 'universal' mount that fits all 2013-current.. that the 590/595 etc would fit. here is the link to that one. Pricey though... might want to get a ram mount system (I have that as well) and just mount it that way.. but if its on his nickel.. have him do it right.

Here's the link.
    https://can-am.brp.com/content/canam...handlebar.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats !!