Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyone use these from Wolo? I'm presently using the Wolo Bad Boy and the Bad Boy Max together and they are great except together they draw 30 amps or so and have been known to blow 20 amp fuses.

These from Wolo draw 15 amps. https://wolo-mfg.com/horns/motorcycl...litter-mc.html

Cheaper elsewhere. These are from Amazon (easy returns) https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-415-MC-A.../dp/B000GKEZGE
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Anyone use these from Wolo? I'm presently using the Wolo Bad Boy and the Bad Boy Max together and they are great except together they draw 30 amps or so and have been known to blow 20 amp fuses.

These from Wolo draw 15 amps. https://wolo-mfg.com/horns/motorcycl...litter-mc.html
    That's what I have on my 2014 RTS. Here are a couple of pics when I put them on my 2013 RT. The horn mounting is exactly same on my 2014, but the compressor install was a lot easier because there is much more room under the lower tupperware than was on the 2013. They are about as loud as any you will find anywhere. Having them out in the open helps with the sound level also. I used a separate relay connected to the OEM horn circuit. I also left the OEM horn in place and connected. The instructions say to use an air tube no longer than about 8" but in my case the the tube to the right side horn is about 2' long. I have not noticed any detectable delay or lack of pressure due to the longer than specification air tube.

Annnnnndddd, I think they are neat looking!! I don't know why more owners haven't used them. The only downside to using them like I did is you have two holes in the tupperware on each side. To overcome that when you sell the bike is leave the horns on!

Front view.jpg

Close up right side.jpg

P3212159.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The stock horn on mine is loud enough.
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I bought the dual horns from slingmods. They are loud.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I installed the Motohorn 2.0 that Lamonster sells. Saved my A$$ a couple of weeks ago on 95 near Savannah.

Had a cage not paying attention and started drifting into my lane to come over without a signal, hit the horn for a 2 second blast.

You could visibly see the guy jump about 6 inches off of his seat and just about went off into the shoulder from overcorrecting, Well worth the money for the horn and the plug and play kit that lamonster sells, it saves you the time and the trip to the hardware store to get what is needed to do the install.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 08-05-2022 at 04:57 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I installed the Motohorn 2.0 that Lamonster sells. Saved my A$$ a couple of weeks ago on 95 near Savannah.

Had a cage not paying attention and started drifting into my lane to come over without a signal, hit the horn for a 2 second blast.

You could visibly see the guy jump about 6 inches off of his seat and just about went off into the shoulder from overcorrecting, Well worth the money for the horn and the plug and play kit that lamonster sells, it saves you the time and the trip to the hardware store to get whats is needed to do the install.
    Love the Motohorn. Glad it did the job for you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post

You could visibly see the guy jump about 6 inches off of his seat and just about went off into the shoulder from overcorrecting, Well worth the money for the horn and the plug and play kit that lamonster sells, it saves you the time and the trip to the hardware store to get whats is needed to do the install.
    https://www.lamonstergarage.com/moto...torcycle-horn/
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here is a pic of it (motohorn) from my recent trip to the dragon at Tabcat Bridge. Worked out great and went in fast with lamonsters kit.

Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 10-25-2022 at 04:50 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Anyone have this horn: Super Loud 131 DB Air Horn with Safety Relay from Spyder Boyz?

https://spyderboyz.com/product/super...-safety-relay/

I ran across this and want to install on 2020 F3-T. If you have one, is it an easy, plug-n-play install?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-07-2022 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added link ;-)
    2020 Spyder F3-T

Spyder Garage

Default Louder Horn

Anyone have this horn: Super Loud 131 DB Air Horn with Safety Relay from Spyder Boyz?

https://spyderboyz.com/product/super...-safety-relay/

I ran across this and want to install on 2020 F3-T. If you have one, is it an easy, plug-n-play install?
    2020 Spyder F3-T

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Slingmods have a new horn out, looks like an easy install, about $70, not air horns, but loud.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-08-2022 at 07:35 AM. Reason: ' 's %-)

Spyder Garage

I think I'm going to add a 2nd Lamonster Motohorn for the left side

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Thinking on fitting an OHOOGA horn to my Spyder. Mounting it in the void behind the grill in my F3. The cavity may work as an amplifier.

Got one on my Jimny and people look around if I use it. So I guess its effective.

Kiwis Jimny.jpg ahooga 1794026559.jpg
    Last edited by Isopedella; 08-10-2022 at 01:20 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Still Looking for Louder (than OEM) Horn

I know this has been a much discussed topic, but here's my dilemma. Found a dual horn I like but the install involves cutting a panel to accommodate the fitment. Do not want to cut (any) panels.
    Question: has anyone installed an aftermarket horn in OEM horn space on a F3-T that did not require cutting for more space needed?

ps. Not interested in an side mount, bugle type air horn.
    2020 Spyder F3-T

Spyder Garage

Following

Spyder Garage

I put the WOLO Bad Boy horn on and did not have to do any cutting. Much better than the stock horn.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

I have used these on my last several bikes. Much louder than stock, plug and play, mounts in stock location with stock wiring and no new relay required. Not the LOUDEST thing available but reasonably priced. They are 133 decibels. when using only one choose the LOW note. https://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72112-F...00DINKPQ&psc=1
    IN GOD WE TRUST
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin,1759
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Spyder Garage

I bought the train horn from LaMonster, with his install kit. Very easy, and man, is it ever loud! Love it!
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Have not yet changed anything on a Spyder yet, but have upgraded the horns on more than one 2-wheeled motorcycle.

Even the stock twin "beep-beep" horns weren't good enough, so I went to Auto Zone and got a couple horns. These were horns that look much like Motorcycledave's Cadillac horns, not the flat type. Be sure to get a "high" and a "low" horn, they are about $15 each. A relay will ensure they get full power.

I have as set of horns to install. You suggested a relay? Is there inadequate power to operate a set of standard-type horns? Or are you suggesting that the Spyder horn wire needs to activate a relay that gets its power from a separate 12v source (e.g. accessory line or battery direct)?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRHorst View Post
    I have as set of horns to install. You suggested a relay? Is there inadequate power to operate a set of standard-type horns? Or are you suggesting that the Spyder horn wire needs to activate a relay that gets its power from a separate 12v source (e.g. accessory line or battery direct)?
    The concern is the horn button contacts aren't rugged enough to handle the current of bigger horns. The wires may be marginal also.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The concern is the horn button contacts aren't rugged enough to handle the current of bigger horns. The wires may be marginal also.
    The dual horn set I had purchased claimed to be 300 dB. But anyone familiar with sound knows that claim is BS. But, regardless, it is plenty loud. I ordered a
    FARBIN Horn Wiring Harness Relay Kit off Amazon for about $10. It simply uses the standard horn wires to activate a relay that feeds the dual horns power through it's own fused line from the battery. I now have plenty of horn volume and the dual-horn systems adds an additional dimension to the sound. I believe the horns are 410 Hz and 510 Hz?

The wiring was the easy part. Getting my hands and tools up into the horn area to remove the standard "road-runner" beep-beep horn and attach the new horns was the difficult part.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder2014 View Post
    I am searching for a very LOUD horn for my F3 and RT Limited. I am wanting to mount a air horn with more than 150 decibels. In other words a big car horn or a train horn. Sounds funny but it would get people's attention.

Anyone know of anything like this?
    58BD86F5-4530-474E-8E96-D6E076FA0DDC.jpg
    Motohorn from LaMonster
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder2014 View Post
    I am wanting to mount a air horn with more than 150 decibels.
    No you don't. Remember, you'll be sitting quite close to the horn. At 140 db and above you risk blowing out your eardrums. Check out this table. https://www.gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/...parison-chart/

2014 Copper RTS