Spyder Garage

Question Spare key needed

I just recently moved and seem to have lost/misplaced my spare key. About how much is it to have another key made? Can they make a key from another key or do they need that code thingy, which was on the lost/misplaced keychain?

I hate moving!

Is there not a delete function on here somewhere? Sorry I didn't search before posting this. I found my answer.
    Last edited by iridenow; 02-24-2020 at 02:22 PM. Reason: stupid mistake
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The option to delete messages was removed a few months ago. Deleting messages apparently negatively impacts the rating of the site in various search engine functions.

As far as getting a spare key you are pretty much at the mercy of the dealer. When I bought one they charged about $50 for the blank, a fair price, and nothing to program it into DESS after I had it cut at a hardware store. Others here have been stuck for double that amount.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The option to delete messages was removed a few months ago. Deleting messages apparently negatively impacts the rating of the site in various search engine functions.

As far as getting a spare key you are pretty much at the mercy of the dealer. When I bought one they charged about $50 for the blank, a fair price, and nothing to program it into DESS after I had it cut at a hardware store. Others here have been stuck for double that amount.
    if is 2013& prior it can be cloned. Dealer blanks have new code has to be added to the ignition with a limit of 4. The programming can be trick if tech not practiced at it. Also good idea to get a chipless blank cut Ilco x270 available at most hardware stores. The chipless will unlock drunk & seat but not start handy if you accidentally leave key in jacket pocket & lock in frunk or something like that.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights