Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

My dealer pretty much killed the prospect of a 2020 for me when he depreciated my 2018 by 40% (As trade in) in a period of 10 months. I'll stick with my 2018 RTL, warts and all.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    We have a 2014 RTS, kind of modded to our liking. No plans to buy the 2020, even after seeing one in Deland.

Others with 1330 RT series are holding off too.

Anyone else care to post they are not upgrading just yet and why.
    Hi Paul, I am keeping mine and planning a cross country trip next year on my 2015 RT LTD. Have had some problems but with only 23K she has plenty of life left!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    My dealer pretty much killed the prospect of a 2020 for me when he depreciated my 2018 by 40% (As trade in) in a period of 10 months. I'll stick with my 2018 RTL, warts and all.

I am a pretty tough sell. I buy a new vehicle, in this case a 2015 RT and it starts depreciating the moment I sign on the dotted line. Then I go out and spend more money on this vehicle to get it where it suits my needs. Some of these upgrades are for safety and handling and some are for comfort. When I decide to sell or trade this RT the next owner gets these items for free because farkles add no value to the vehicle especially in a trade in situation. Now here comes the all new 2020 and my dealer tells me I just have to ride this machine and plop down my cash. The ergonomics have changed and are somewhat adjustable. That is a good thing. The styling is very nice and has a more modern look. But what is going to separate me from my money is what’s beneath the pretty Tupperware. Is the engine bigger, smaller, more power and torque, turbo option, or does it suffer from ever tightening emissions regulations? Does the transmission have a seventh speed or is it now fully automatic? Did they replace the often troublesome rear air bag with a quality adjustable suspension? How about the front suspension, quality shocks, upgraded anti-sway bar? Does it have real tires versus the crap from the #1 seller of bicycle tires that we know and love? Shaft replacing the belt? Has any effort been made to address the belt vibrations that plague many owners? How about that pesky DESS (Doesn’t Even Start when Supposed too) system? Has it been changed or better yet eliminated? I ride a lot of miles and I spent a lot of money to get my RT to where it is. I really don’t wish to do this again as long as my current RT is reliable. To me the 2020 is just different color lipstick on the same pig.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I had a 1994 in that same color with a white top and white leather seats. 5.0 GT. Great car.
    Glad to see another mustang fan out there. I also had a 94, but it was a hard top. I loved the old style 5.0 in it and did a lot of mods to that car. But these new 5.0's are sweet also. But one of the many mustangs that I really wish I had kept was my 03 terminator convertible. I think that engine was about as good as ford has ever done. With a simple drop in K&N filter, and cat back, it picked up 65 rwhp. Nothing responds to mods like a s/c engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I really WANT to buy a new Spyder....but BRP has shown me no upgrade path from what I currently have. Maybe next year.
    Until then I ride what I have until it dies....(again).

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

In 5 years or so when my Granddaughter turns 18 and gets her drivers license with a motorcycle license. If the parents/Granddaughter can pay for insurance on my 18 F3L, I will give her my bike and look at a newer model, but not until then and only if we are financially in a position to do so. Otherwise, this will be my last bike. I usually buy a new, but the previous year model (saves lots of money).
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    We will be in the San Antonio area in June with the demo truck, even if you've seen one by then please stop by and take a ride or just say hi!

well rats! By June we'll be settled in our summer home in Maine. Too dang hot in S.A. in the summer for a Maine boy.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

My ‘15 F3-S is farkled just the way I like it and fits me like a glove. No plans to change.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Only because I can't even afford to pay attention these days Love the 2020, maybe someday.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RTL no way am I trading it away,My wife would not hesitate to remove my manhood if I did!!!!!

Spyder Garage

I would trade mine off but I don't think I can come up with the rest so for now even though I would like a 2020 I will be keeping 2012. It does have 53,000+ on it and by this time next year it will ne pushing 63,000+. I have a feeling this may be the last one for me. Or not. I did just find out a friend here on this site is buying a new Spyder and he is 87.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I just sold my 2015 to an 87 year old
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

I know my opinion may offend some, but it is, after all, my opinion. I have a 2016 RTL. I fell in love with it the first time I laid eyes on it. I love the lines of the body and I loved the fact that I could actually use the running boards to get on the bike without splitting my inseam of my jeans. It was new. I loved new, especially in a Spyder. I now have 71,000 miles on her that I put on all by myself. It fits me and I have all the goodies that I wanted installed on her. In the foreseeable future (maybe next year) I will probably see if I can find a low mileage or possibly a left over 2019 RTL. But until then, I will ride my beloved trike until I find a 2019 that speaks to me and begs me to take her home.

And here is the part that may offend some of you, I think the new 2020 RTL Spyders are butt ugly. I don't want one of those chopped up machines touching my delicate bottom. I don't want my feet stretched out in front of me (as I am very short). I don't like the way they look at all and I would rather stick to the years before 2020. And I don't want to "build" my own RTL. I want one already put together and fitted the way it is suppose to be, as in previous years. I feel that Can Am has done a disservice to the faithful buyers of the previous years RTL model. They actually looked like a trike and not like a chopped up wanna be sportster. Why would Can Am think that the RTL model should look like an F3? I think the F3 is butt ugly too.

Flame on Spyder Riders! I'm a big girl (sort of), I can take it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chiisai View Post
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR="#0000FF"]I know my opinion may offend some, but it is, after all, my opinion.
    Hey, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Hey, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We own a 2015 RTL and will not "upgrade". My Wife and I think it is ugly, dislike the dash (prefer analog), does not have a dedicated GPS. The last thing we need when traveling is to have a silly app crash! Since it has dedicated LED headlights if we do not care for the brightness there is no way to install high quality super bright, reliable HID lighting like we did for headlight and fogs. The fit and finish sucks, wire ties holding the body parts on, BRP are you serious! We do all our own work and look what a hassle it is to remove some body panels! No thanks, no "upgrade" for us.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Everyone that has ridden one on our Demo Tour has loved it and I am sure that they would all upgrade to one if finances allowed it. But that isn't possible for many of us.
    Ann, can you elaborate a bit on the differences in performance, handling and ride between the 2014-2019s and the 2020s?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I like the looks of the '20, but I rarely buy new anyway so I'd have to wait for someone trading in theirs. But at the rate things are going at home, I may not even keep the '14 so it may not be an issue.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

in 22,000 miles our 15 rt has never failed to bring us home. we paid a lot of money for it and probably wont
    again. as long as it continues to be fun and reliable, it will be kept . not worth much in the grand scheme of
    things as a trade in anyway. probably the last one[bike] we own.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

I like the looks of the 2020, that said we have 2 2014 RT-S's with 32,000 on one and 27,000 on the other. we just had more farkles added last year at Deadwood and have them the way we want them. Both bikes have been trouble free and handle well after the BajaRon bar upgrade and Squared Away laser alignment done. Our goal is to pay off bills, not add to them. Wife and I are both happy with what we have and have no plans to upgrade and go further in debt. If the demo truck came to our area like the F3 truck did, we would go take a ride just to try them out. Satisfied in Idaho.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

We got our 2015 RT just over a year ago with 2500 miles on. I still have to break it in yet! lol I did look at a 2020 at the dealer yesterday, to say I wasn't that impressed with it. The floor boards look like giant flippers! Just didn't do much for me.
    MrBill
    Las Cruces, NM
    Got Chile? Red or Green?
    2015 Spyder RT
    1980 Suzuki GS750ET, still scares me!

Spyder Garage

I'm keeping my 2014 RT-S. I sat on a new RT and I can't reach the brake pedal. They certainly moved that seat back to accommodate tall riders, but short riders like me now have the opposite problem.

I'm 5' 7' with a 30" inseam. Women (who are generally smaller than men) may have the same problem.

Spyder Garage

A nice renewal of the RT, but not what I'm looking for at this times, only the F3-S ticks all the boxes for me.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    The 2020 is nice but, my 2012 RTL is like a part of me and I'm not ready to part with it yet. Not to say that I wont add a second Spyder or Ryker someday never know.
    Our 2012 RTL also fits us and seems hard to just trade, I have a 2019 F3L that is nice but so funny that I ride its self isn't as nice. Maybe smoother more power that was really needed but we want to ride together. Now the 2020 RTL looks nice but the wife has remodeled the ride to her liking:
    this time next year the price drop might look like a deal. Or as OP said maybe wait to see something growing out more changes.
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

The only thing that is going to make me even think about trading my 2015 RT LTD is shaft drive. Unless BRP comes out with shaft drive, I am going to keep this a very long time.