Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT series are cool, but who's keeping their old Spyder

We have a 2014 RTS, kind of modded to our liking. No plans to buy the 2020, even after seeing one in Deland.

Others with 1330 RT series are holding off too.

Anyone else care to post they are not upgrading just yet and why.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2009 RS and have no plans to replace. But I am always on the lookout and if a really good deal came up I would take a hard look.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Everybody will be selling their current Spyder to buy a 2020 RT! Except the OP and one other!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

My wife is keeping her 2014. Might get a new paint job

Spyder Garage

My wife kept her '14 RT-S SM6 also. She has custom artwork on it and loves it. Me, I bought a 2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark and used my black '14 RT-S SM6 as a trade-in. Then the next day decided I wanted it back. LOL 3 spyders for 2 riders. I may end up selling the black after de-farkling it a little.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Everybody will be selling their current Spyder to buy a 2020 RT! Except the OP and one other!
    Uh, No. I'm ok with my 2010, it's running well enough. It's not my primary bike and I could never justify spending that much on a new one in any event. Would I take one if it showed up in my garage one day? Sure, but I'd never tie myself to that much depreciation as well as personal property tax it would bring.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

No plans to part with our 2011 RTS.
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167
    2011 RTS , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will definitely be keeping my 2016 F3T for a while. I like the looks of the 2020RT, but I cannot justify that type of purchase right now. There were a lot of changes, but I foresee a driveline change coming in the next 2 years or so. That would be my main reason for changing things up. I feel like the 2020 RT is going to be a stepping stone to even greater things, kinda like the 2013 got new suspension parts and such, but the real upgrades didn't take place until 2014.
    Besides, I still have my 2nd generation Vmax for 2 wheeling and picked up this baby for additional open air riding
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I will definitely be keeping my 2016 F3T for a while. I like the looks of the 2020RT, but I cannot justify that type of purchase right now. There were a lot of changes, but I foresee a driveline change coming in the next 2 years or so. That would be my main reason for changing things up. I feel like the 2020 RT is going to be a stepping stone to even greater things, kinda like the 2013 got new suspension parts and such, but the real upgrades didn't take place until 2014.
    Besides, I still have my 2nd generation Vmax for 2 wheeling and picked up this baby for additional open air riding
    Kind of most common remarks I have heard by others content with not buying a 2020, waiting on drivetrain upgrade to shaft, waiting on bigger engine, the trade in value vs new bike cost is not there yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I had a 1994 in that same color with a white top and white leather seats. 5.0 GT. Great car.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I had a 1994 in that same color with a white top and white leather seats. 5.0 GT. Great car.
    Glad to see another mustang fan out there. I also had a 94, but it was a hard top. I loved the old style 5.0 in it and did a lot of mods to that car. But these new 5.0's are sweet also. But one of the many mustangs that I really wish I had kept was my 03 terminator convertible. I think that engine was about as good as ford has ever done. With a simple drop in K&N filter, and cat back, it picked up 65 rwhp. Nothing responds to mods like a s/c engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Will be ryding my 15 F3S til I can't ryde anymore! At least that is my plan....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Will be ryding my 15 F3S til I can't ryde anymore! At least that is my plan....

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The 2020 is nice but, my 2012 RTL is like a part of me and I'm not ready to part with it yet. Not to say that I wont add a second Spyder or Ryker someday never know.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I agree with you all. After seeing what they will give me for a 2017 F3 Daytona on a trade and the price of the new RT I will be riding my current bike for a log long long time. I have got the Daytona about like I want. So ride on.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    The 2020 is nice but, my 2012 RTL is like a part of me and I'm not ready to part with it yet. Not to say that I wont add a second Spyder or Ryker someday never know.
    Our 2012 RTL also fits us and seems hard to just trade, I have a 2019 F3L that is nice but so funny that I ride its self isn't as nice. Maybe smoother more power that was really needed but we want to ride together. Now the 2020 RTL looks nice but the wife has remodeled the ride to her liking:
    this time next year the price drop might look like a deal. Or as OP said maybe wait to see something growing out more changes.
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

The only thing that is going to make me even think about trading my 2015 RT LTD is shaft drive. Unless BRP comes out with shaft drive, I am going to keep this a very long time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3773 View Post
    The only thing that is going to make me even think about trading my 2015 RT LTD is shaft drive. Unless BRP comes out with shaft drive, I am going to keep this a very long time.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RT-L also. Can't justify the price of a new one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everyone that has ridden one on our Demo Tour has loved it and I am sure that they would all upgrade to one if finances allowed it. But that isn't possible for many of us.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No plans to upgrade to latest and greatest. Never have been infected by that virus for any vehicle I've owned.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Everyone that has ridden one on our Demo Tour has loved it and I am sure that they would all upgrade to one if finances allowed it. But that isn't possible for many of us.
    Ann, can you elaborate a bit on the differences in performance, handling and ride between the 2014-2019s and the 2020s?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

As much as we might like to jump on the 2020 RTL we'll be keeping our 2012 RTL and 2015 RT-S for the time being. I haven't quite figured out how to buy a pair of 2020 RTLs and keep a roof over our heads without parting with our other toys. Is that possible? My sole disclaimer is that we haven't seen or fondled the new RTL yet. Slow to reach San Antonio, TX apparently.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    As much as we might like to jump on the 2020 RTL we'll be keeping our 2012 RTL and 2015 RT-S for the time being. I haven't quite figured out how to buy a pair of 2020 RTLs and keep a roof over our heads without parting with our other toys. Is that possible? My sole disclaimer is that we haven't seen or fondled the new RTL yet. Slow to reach San Antonio, TX apparently.
    We will be in the San Antonio area in June with the demo truck, even if you've seen one by then please stop by and take a ride or just say hi!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    We will be in the San Antonio area in June with the demo truck, even if you've seen one by then please stop by and take a ride or just say hi!

well rats! By June we'll be settled in our summer home in Maine. Too dang hot in S.A. in the summer for a Maine boy.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)