Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

we do have a lot of Ryker-Roads here in Austria .. I still find new shortcuts what I wouldn`t ryde with a Spyder.... but our plan was a tour to Spain-Portugal in these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUoU...mlBOnN1rjss2IU
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    A hot tub is one of the very best accessories an avid Motorcyclist could have, saved my Bacon many times.

~~~I couldn't agree more Gran Pa. I'm in this daily (tub is next to my bedroom door). Good to soak the old bones, make em' feel better
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    we do have a lot of Ryker-Roads here in Austria .. I still find new shortcuts what I wouldn`t ryde with a Spyder.... but our plan was a tour to Spain-Portugal in these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUoU...mlBOnN1rjss2IU
    Amazing scenery, looks very nice!
    Hopefully the situation gets better soon, so your trip will be possible.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post

~~~I couldn't agree more Gran Pa. I'm in this daily (tub is next to my bedroom door). Good to soak the old bones, make em' feel better
    I have found that taking an Aleve (Naproxen sodium) before making a long ride makes my muscles less likely to cramp up and keeps it pleasant
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    I have found that taking an Aleve (Naproxen sodium) before making a long ride makes my muscles less likely to cramp up and keeps it pleasant
    I use Ibuprofen liquid soft gels before a long ride.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Finally a day with some nice weather! Went out on a little 100km/62mile trip on country roads just to enjoy and relax.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Summer weather finally arrived in Sweden! Last few weeks Ive taken many 1-2 hour trips, just enjoying the small country roads Close to where I live
    Today I Went with two friends for a nice 170km (105 miles) ride. Hopefully we'll make it a weekly event

Spyder Garage

A few weeks ago I found a nice route close to home, about 1 hour riding on small roads with great quality of the asphalt. The roads twist and turn in forest and open fields. Really amazing views and great riding!
    This is my new go-to route when I just want to enjoy my Ryker for an hour

Spyder Garage

Took a little trip in the nice spring weather. Wanted to give my new luggage set up a good shake down before going on the first longer trip. It worked like a charm!

Link to the thread about the luggage set up, if someone is curious and want inspiration

IMG_20210417_124027.jpg
    IMG_20210417_124040.jpg

Spyder Garage

So today I took my Ryker to work for the first time. (Day 3 of owning this thing).

20 minute drive, mostly two lane, 55 mph road.

Checked the weather-- high of 55, 20% of rain later in the day. Looked at the radar-- rain's not going to hit me! Should be fine, right? heh.

Drive to work was fine-- cool, but fine. 45 degrees. Jacket, helmet, gloves doing their jobs. Legs got a little cold.

Drive home? Yeah, it did rain. It was raining all the way home. Bit of wind, too. 42 degrees. That was fun. Again, jacket, helmet, gloves all did their job. But my pants-- pretty cold, soaking wet! The best was when a semi went by me and sprayed me with a lot of water...

My first cold, rainy ride!

Spyder Garage

My wife and I took the Ryker for a weekend getaway. About 110 miles one way. Rickets Glen, PA. I had just installed the fender LED running lights a few days before. They worked great but I must not have tightened the wires down well enough. The lights shorted out on the way and my USB port blew a fuse. The wire I installed came loose and was resting on the manifold and melted then shorted out. Had to make repairs on the road. I learned to keep small tools, headlamp and fuses. Found fuses at a local general store. But you can get them at any hardware store. I also keep tire repair kit and small portable compressor... all fits in the frunk. Don’t forget flat head screwdriver and pliers to remove any body panels.

Overall good trip. Was a bit chilly and rainy but other than my self imposed wiring short- the Ryker did well!!

EFB3FA6D-C46C-4D12-9D4B-9AD7224599BC.jpg895F46C9-DA13-46BF-935E-F01B408D95AE.jpgF2EA22B6-A46E-4E36-A4A0-332F59A5F6FD.jpg51398A55-17E9-4AAF-8FE4-2A6220BAE733.jpg
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have a madstad 28” . I’m 5’9” 32” inseam. Works well for me - but I prefer looking through the windshield unless it’s just back roads. Got it on sling mods.3F65F0CC-FD6A-45BC-A464-E343B6848A5C.jpg
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fribur View Post
    So today I took my Ryker to work for the first time. (Day 3 of owning this thing).

20 minute drive, mostly two lane, 55 mph road.

Checked the weather-- high of 55, 20% of rain later in the day. Looked at the radar-- rain's not going to hit me! Should be fine, right? heh.

Drive to work was fine-- cool, but fine. 45 degrees. Jacket, helmet, gloves doing their jobs. Legs got a little cold.

Drive home? Yeah, it did rain. It was raining all the way home. Bit of wind, too. 42 degrees. That was fun. Again, jacket, helmet, gloves all did their job. But my pants-- pretty cold, soaking wet! The best was when a semi went by me and sprayed me with a lot of water...

My first cold, rainy ride!
    Ooof! That doesnt sound too nice, but at least it's a quite short ride
    Personally I have had a lot of luck, and managed to stay away from riding in rain. Only had a few instances of light rain, but nothing enough to get me soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by snayl135 View Post
    My wife and I took the Ryker for a weekend getaway. About 110 miles one way. Rickets Glen, PA. I had just installed the fender LED running lights a few days before. They worked great but I must not have tightened the wires down well enough. The lights shorted out on the way and my USB port blew a fuse. The wire I installed came loose and was resting on the manifold and melted then shorted out. Had to make repairs on the road. I learned to keep small tools, headlamp and fuses. Found fuses at a local general store. But you can get them at any hardware store. I also keep tire repair kit and small portable compressor... all fits in the frunk. Don’t forget flat head screwdriver and pliers to remove any body panels.

Overall good trip. Was a bit chilly and rainy but other than my self imposed wiring short- the Ryker did well!!

EFB3FA6D-C46C-4D12-9D4B-9AD7224599BC.jpg895F46C9-DA13-46BF-935E-F01B408D95AE.jpgF2EA22B6-A46E-4E36-A4A0-332F59A5F6FD.jpg51398A55-17E9-4AAF-8FE4-2A6220BAE733.jpg
    That looks like a great trip, well except for the breakdown! Good advice on carrying some tools. I got the "flat tire gunk on a can" for emergencies, but a proper repair kit and a small compressor surely is a much better option, might have to look into that!

Spyder Garage

Here is a quick video of my drive through of Ft Pierce inlet state park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBlyjG4jSVg&t=2s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rskdsk View Post
    Here is a quick video of my drive through of Ft Pierce inlet state park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBlyjG4jSVg&t=2s
    Nice, well edited and intersting to watch! One more Ryker-related youtube channel to subscribe to