Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Spyder The Ryker trip-report!

Hello fellow Ryker enthusiasts!

I thought, lets have a thread where we post a Quick report whenever we've enjoyed our Rykers!
    A 3 week cross country trip, some drifting around the block, or commuting to work, no trip is too short or too long! Give a short or long comment, Post a Picture, or post 10 pictures! As long as you made a trip you have quallified for this thread

Today I made my first trip for 2020! Usually its Cold and snowy in Sweden in febuary, but this year is wierd. With 7C (44 Farenheit) and sunny, it was impossible to not go for a ride.
    I Went around 150km (~90 miles), avarage 50-60 mph, and when filling up the tank at the end of the trip I got 7l/100km or 33,6mpg, not bad at all!
    Cant wait for the real spring and summer to come, got a new pair of kevlar jeans and hoodie I want to try out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Great report, and a great idea for a new thread. I will stay out because no Ryker here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

we used a Spyder RT & GS the last ten years (40.000 miles) .. now we are both retired and plan hopefully to have more time to be "on tour" - the Ryker seems to be the better Solution here for the Austrian Alps and the coast of Italy, I only had to make some changes with the seats, the rest is more than perfect for our Adventures .. still runs perfect !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLp3N-R79M&t=41s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Excellent idea.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Great report, and a great idea for a new thread. I will stay out because no Ryker here.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    we used a Spyder RT & GS the last ten years (25.000 miles) .. now we are both retired and plan hopefully to have more time to be "on tour" - the Ryker seems to be the better Solution here for the Austrian Alps and the coast of Italy, I only had to make some changes with the seats, the rest is more than perfect for our Adventures .. still runs perfect !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLp3N-R79M&t=41s
    Excellent, now with that information, you are officially and legally obliged to post your tour in this thread
    Also I must admit, I am actually a follower of your Youtube channel, keep up the good work!

Spyder Garage

My adventures last year consisted mostly of frequent (every darned weekend) to Estes park, with a few more trips to Guanella Pass and running the Peak to Peak from Estes to Black Hawk. This year, I'm hoping to hit up more of the southern parts of Colorado.

IMG-1118.jpg
    2019 900 ACE , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeRyker View Post
    My adventures last year consisted mostly of frequent (every darned weekend) to Estes park, with a few more trips to Guanella Pass and running the Peak to Peak from Estes to Black Hawk. This year, I'm hoping to hit up more of the southern parts of Colorado.

IMG-1118.jpg

"Sigh", it must be nice to have local access to topography!
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Got a few weeks of leave from my work due to corona, so better make the most out of it
    Today was a nice day with around 10C (50F), so I decided to take my Ryker Rally on a 100km (62 miles) trip on some quite nice and twisty roads.
    Roads are still covered with salt and a lot of sand/gravel, so some care had to be taken to not go too agressive into turns.
    I also put the nanny to the test of some gravel roads. The system really works quite well in order to keep you on the road, I must admit I am impressed
    Finished the trip with a well needed wash of the Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Looked at the forecast a few Days ahead, and since it looked great I agreed to take a long ride to meet an old friend
    Early on saturday morning I opened my garage doors, and drove out the Ryker in a chilly 3C (37F), and drove 130km (80miles) in one go.
    Spent the whole day there, and then drove back in the evening, at similar temperature but with a lot more wind and once I got home it was pitch black.

I learned four things during this 160 mile trip:

1. Most of my riding so far has been on small roads with not so great asphalt, where it gets quite jerky and nervous at higher speeds. But the Ryker can actually handle 160kmh (100 mph) just fine on good asphalt.
    2. I expected the double headlights to perform better, so I might look into upgrading them in the future for better night riding.
    3. My dealer has not torqued everything quite to spec during assembly, once I returned home I noticed I had almost lost the left rear blinker This time it was no issue, but I better look over Everything I can reach, to at least try to avoid any unecessary emergencys stops by the side of the road due to parts falling off.
    4. 3C / 37F was not a suitable temperature for long distance riding, OMG I was Cold to the bone when I came home! Im not sure I am fully defrosted even now, 24 hours later!
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (66.7 KB, 45 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (54.7 KB, 60 views)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A hot tub is one of the very best accessories an avid Motorcyclist could have, saved my Bacon many times.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Great day for a ride today, Beautiful sunny spring day, and around 16C (60F). Went cruising around on smaller country roads, just enjoying the nice views and having a relaxing time. Finally could leave the goretex jacket at home, and try out just riding in my new kevlar hoodie.
    Filled up the tank on the way home, last 5 fillups it seems the fuel consumption is pretty consistent at ~35MPG, not that it is important for me, but still fun to collect some statistics

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Short trip

Yesterday, I drove from Lady Lake to Homosasa, Florida to a place called Freezers Tiki bar and grill. You can't go in but they have someone outside at a table, taking orders and will deliver to your vehicle. They are known for their steamed shrimp, so I picked up an order (2.5lbs) and put it in an insulated bag to transport home to my better half. She has been on a self imposed isolation/quarantine since this whole thing started and will not leave the house until it is over. Even though the trip is over an hour each way(about 60miles), the shrimp were still hot when I got home. I normally do not particularly care for steamed shrimp, but she insisted on my trying one. I ate half the order, along with a baked potato
    During the very windy but nice ride, I learned something. My windshield is way too short. I have the BRP adjustable windshield and it doesn't do anything for me. I need at least four to five more inches. Plus, I was being buffeted all over the place by the wind and the noise was crazy. I spent that money for nothing. I have ridden Harleys without a windshield so I do know how to appreciate a good windshield protection in my old age. SO, now I am cruising the Internet for the right height and width. I am 6' tall with a 32" inseam, in case anyone has a suggestion. I think that barely being able to look over it is probably the best way to go. I think that the air stream will hit above my eyes that way. I realize that one windshield works for some folks and another one will work for others.
    By the way, I passed quite a few Can Ams during my little outing. Lot of two wheelers also. With the lighter traffic on the roadways, this a is pretty decent riding opportunity. Just take your mask and gloves with you in case you decide to stop somewhere.

Spyder Garage

thanks for the update.
    I was going to ask your height as I was reading but then got to that point in the story. :-)

I am looking to get a windshield and thought that the OEM windshield might be too small for me ( 5' 9" ). I think the height may be right but it seems too narrow at 12" wide so I was looking at the Puig 5022 which is 16" wide.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    thanks for the update.
    I was going to ask your height as I was reading but then got to that point in the story. :-)

I am looking to get a windshield and thought that the OEM windshield might be too small for me ( 5' 9" ). I think the height may be right but it seems too narrow at 12" wide so I was looking at the Puig 5022 which is 16" wide.
    I've been kind of looking at the Puig also. Not sure of the size options though. If you don't know where the bottom of the shield is going to be, the height doesn't mean much to me when sizing them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    I've been kind of looking at the Puig also. Not sure of the size options though. If you don't know where the bottom of the shield is going to be, the height doesn't mean much to me when sizing them.
    I was happy with this one from PUIG - adjustable !! Later I took the outlander fairing of Can-Am ..

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/care...ield-upampdown
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Lamonster sells the puig 5022 in the dark tint for the ryker and it looks like it allows the trunk lid to open. I prefer a clear windshield so I found that the puig 5022 is available in light smoke (almost clear) so I'm leaning towards that.

Spyder Garage

got my new AKASO V50 Elite camera.. installed it on the front of my helmet for a first test .. (1080P / 60FPS) works OK, but I miss a little the brilliant colours here in the sun .. maybe I have to go in the basic adjustments once again...or has someone an idea ??

we are in the moment just allowed to leave the house to buy food, so i visited some farmers here ... and you see this area is more for Ryker-lovers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ar02Gg-UzM

Spyder Garage

Yesterday, I drove from Lady Lake to Homosasa, Florida to a place called Freezers Tiki bar and grill. You can't go in but they have someone outside at a table, taking orders and will deliver to your vehicle. They are known for their steamed shrimp, so I picked up an order (2.5lbs) and put it in an insulated bag to transport home to my better half. She has been on a self imposed isolation/quarantine since this whole thing started and will not leave the house until it is over. Even though the trip is over an hour each way(about 60miles), the shrimp were still hot when I got home. I normally do not particularly care for steamed shrimp, but she insisted on my trying one. I ate half the order, along with a baked potato
    During the very windy but nice ride, I learned something. My windshield is way too short. I have the BRP adjustable windshield and it doesn't do anything for me. I need at least four to five more inches. Plus, I was being buffeted all over the place by the wind and the noise was crazy. I spent that money for nothing. I have ridden Harleys without a windshield so I do know how to appreciate a good windshield protection in my old age. SO, now I am cruising the Internet for the right height and width. I am 6' tall with a 32" inseam, in case anyone has a suggestion. I think that barely being able to look over it is probably the best way to go. I think that the air stream will hit above my eyes that way. I realize that one windshield works for some folks and another one will work for others.
    By the way, I passed quite a few Can Ams during my little outing. Lot of two wheelers also. With the lighter traffic on the roadways, this a is pretty decent riding opportunity. Just take your mask and gloves with you in case you decide to stop somewhere.
    Thanks for the report
    I use the BRP windshield, I Think it does a decent job to keep wind from the chest/torso, but it is too short for me to get my head in cover. It doesnt bother me too much, but it does result in a lot of wind noise and all the bugs get splashed on my helmet visor

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    got my new AKASO V50 Elite camera.. installed it on the front of my helmet for a first test .. (1080P / 60FPS) works OK, but I miss a little the brilliant colours here in the sun .. maybe I have to go in the basic adjustments once again...or has someone an idea ??

we are in the moment just allowed to leave the house to buy food, so i visited some farmers here ... and you see this area is more for Ryker-lovers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ar02Gg-UzM
    Thanks for the video, video quality looks good!
    Got to say, that looks like some really nice small roads for relaxing cruising! Love it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chris, your country side is beautiful, great roads.....and I notice that you drive the Ryker.....Just right.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

I took nice stroll on Tuesday 4-7-2020 after making some modification. It was a beautiful 100 something miles both highway and back country roads. Weather was perfect, for testing out my new home made windshield. I had left over windshield from Harley Davidson. Windshield is about 12" tall and 20" wide. I drilled holes so can use OEM windshield bracket. Not in the picture but if I really want, I can use my harley windshield bag and it fits perfect.

Spyder Garage

We took the bikes on a 60 mile run to Estrella Mountain Park in Buckeye Arizona and then to the Phoenix NASCAR track. Picked up Wings and then home for lunch. Spyder RT-S running great after Tuesday's service. Ryker Rally is a zippy beast.

8B00434F-6C35-4901-8005-0607C1AF187D.jpg
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Spyder Garage

The easter trip!
    Took a Little longer trip, at least for me, riding a total of 600km (372 miles). Went to my familys summer house to play lumberjack for a few days.
    It is still quite Cold, at around 7C (44F), and even with double layer of gloves my hands were freezing. The ground is still frozen, and the lakes are still partially covered in ice. In the night and morning it is still below freezing. Might have to look into those electrical heaters if I keep riding this early on the seasons
    Mostly the road was nice "motorbike friendly" country roads. The last miles are quite small gravel and forrest roads though, where one has to be quite carefull to not hit any potholes, rocks or roots.
    I love my Ryker! Cant wait for some proper summer weather, so many miles of smiles to be had!!!
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (97.8 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (97.9 KB, 32 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (98.4 KB, 29 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (99.3 KB, 29 views)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    The easter trip!
    Took a Little longer trip, at least for me, riding a total of 600km (372 miles). Went to my familys summer house to play lumberjack for a few days.
    It is still quite Cold, at around 7C (44F), and even with double layer of gloves my hands were freezing. The ground is still frozen, and the lakes are still partially covered in ice. In the night and morning it is still below freezing. Might have to look into those electrical heaters if I keep riding this early on the seasons
    Mostly the road was nice "motorbike friendly" country roads. The last miles are quite small gravel and forrest roads though, where one has to be quite carefull to not hit any potholes, rocks or roots.
    I love my Ryker! Cant wait for some proper summer weather, so many miles of smiles to be had!!!
    Beautiful pictures.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

0183C56C-0A7A-428A-87CE-B391A8579900.jpeg71E29F5B-86E1-49FB-A47C-DC1AE0A496B7.jpegC0B306CC-E8E1-4EEF-BE67-69D9E102058E.jpeg142CE46D-E2A6-4A8D-A026-A5808FDD45D5.jpg142CE46D-E2A6-4A8D-A026-A5808FDD45D5.jpgA9C6D55D-C9B2-41AC-9DE4-FE02B71BEFFE.jpg

Took an 80-90 leisurely trip exploring and hiking... got some clam chowder by the Chesapeake bay and did some hiking in MD, then back to PA. Social distancing was observed
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow