Spyder Garage

Spyder The Ryker trip-report!

Hello fellow Ryker enthusiasts!

I thought, lets have a thread where we post a Quick report whenever we've enjoyed our Rykers!
    A 3 week cross country trip, some drifting around the block, or commuting to work, no trip is too short or too long! Give a short or long comment, Post a Picture, or post 10 pictures! As long as you made a trip you have quallified for this thread

Today I made my first trip for 2020! Usually its Cold and snowy in Sweden in febuary, but this year is wierd. With 7C (44 Farenheit) and sunny, it was impossible to not go for a ride.
    I Went around 150km (~90 miles), avarage 50-60 mph, and when filling up the tank at the end of the trip I got 7l/100km or 33,6mpg, not bad at all!
    Cant wait for the real spring and summer to come, got a new pair of kevlar jeans and hoodie I want to try out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Great report, and a great idea for a new thread. I will stay out because no Ryker here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium). 6 Spyders, 11 years, 156,205 miles

Spyder Garage

we used a Spyder RT & GS the last ten years (40.000 miles) .. now we are both retired and plan hopefully to have more time to be "on tour" - the Ryker seems to be the better Solution here for the Austrian Alps and the coast of Italy, I only had to make some changes with the seats, the rest is more than perfect for our Adventures .. still runs perfect !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLp3N-R79M&t=41s
    Ryker 900 - Fox-shock - TOYO - larger shield - 2up & a topace

Spyder Garage

Excellent idea.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Great report, and a great idea for a new thread. I will stay out because no Ryker here.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    we used a Spyder RT & GS the last ten years (25.000 miles) .. now we are both retired and plan hopefully to have more time to be "on tour" - the Ryker seems to be the better Solution here for the Austrian Alps and the coast of Italy, I only had to make some changes with the seats, the rest is more than perfect for our Adventures .. still runs perfect !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLp3N-R79M&t=41s
    Excellent, now with that information, you are officially and legally obliged to post your tour in this thread
    Also I must admit, I am actually a follower of your Youtube channel, keep up the good work!

Spyder Garage

My adventures last year consisted mostly of frequent (every darned weekend) to Estes park, with a few more trips to Guanella Pass and running the Peak to Peak from Estes to Black Hawk. This year, I'm hoping to hit up more of the southern parts of Colorado.

IMG-1118.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeRyker View Post
    My adventures last year consisted mostly of frequent (every darned weekend) to Estes park, with a few more trips to Guanella Pass and running the Peak to Peak from Estes to Black Hawk. This year, I'm hoping to hit up more of the southern parts of Colorado.

IMG-1118.jpg

"Sigh", it must be nice to have local access to topography!

Spyder Garage

Got a few weeks of leave from my work due to corona, so better make the most out of it
    Today was a nice day with around 10C (50F), so I decided to take my Ryker Rally on a 100km (62 miles) trip on some quite nice and twisty roads.
    Roads are still covered with salt and a lot of sand/gravel, so some care had to be taken to not go too agressive into turns.
    I also put the nanny to the test of some gravel roads. The system really works quite well in order to keep you on the road, I must admit I am impressed
    Finished the trip with a well needed wash of the Ryker.
    Attached Images Attached Images