Spyder Garage

Default Help with audio cables

I own a 2011 RT Limited What are these unused cables? They are tie wrapped to the frame on the right side kind of next to where my knee is when riding.

P2240813.jpgP2240812.jpgP2240811.jpgP2240810.jpgP2240809.jpgP2240808.jpgP2240807.jpg

I found an invoice where the original owner purchase a SENA SM 10 bluetooth inter face so I went looking and found these. Wondering what they are.

I also found a audio cable in the trunk plug into the radio connector. Is this the proper way to set up an audio input?

Thanks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigcontender View Post
    I own a 2011 RT Limited What are these unused cables? They are tie wrapped to the frame on the right side kind of next to where my knee is when riding.

P2240813.jpgP2240812.jpgP2240811.jpgP2240810.jpgP2240809.jpgP2240808.jpgP2240807.jpg

I found an invoice where the original owner purchase a SENA SM 10 bluetooth inter face so I went looking and found these. Wondering what they are.

I also found a audio cable in the trunk plug into the radio connector. Is this the proper way to set up an audio input?

Thanks
    I'm sure all the RT models have the same wiring harness …. not all wires are used for all models so some of the connections aren't " connected so to speak . The RED wire isn't factory …. In the rear trunk on the right side as you look in it, there is an MP-3 connection …. I stripped mine from the wiring harness at the Radio unit and brought that cable up to the right side of glove box, made a hole and put the plug in …. I use it for my XM receiver ….. good luck with the rest of it ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

The bunch tied to the frame looks like an early version of a Garmin satnav cable. The jack socket with the red shrink fit is a non-OEM accessory cable - follow it through to see where it terminates. The grey cable by the multi-plug, dunno.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys
    I will look closer at the red wire

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The one that plugs into the audio unit is the Sena BT adapter cable. The adapter was probably mounted in the front trunk. The connector in the audio plug in the trunk is the iPod/MP3 player input. If it has an iPod connector on it then you can plug in an iPod and control it from the handlebar control. If the one you have has a mini stereo plug then it was used with an MP3 player. There is no control at the handlebar for MP3 other than volume.

With 2017 & earlier RTs you could have the BT adapter or a CB, but not both. They both use the same connector on the audio unit. The OEM CB is wired only.

Like Mike says, the red wire is not BRP so don't know off hand what it was used for. And as PRP says, the other bunch are for a GPS unit. One is power and the other audio.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-24-2020 at 08:10 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It looks like the GPS bunch includes a microphone cable. BRP has had an adapter that connected into the CB headset harness to enable voice communication through a GPS unit and a cell phone connected via BT to the GPS.

There would have been a GPS mount on the handlebar. Is it still there? If not then the previous owner removed it but left the harness.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)