Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pulled the trigger today

As the title states I traded my 2016 F3T today for a 2020 RTL dark chalk. I should get
    it by next Saturday hopefully as the dealer had to get it from another dealer.
    I test rode one last Saturday when the BRP truck was at the dealers giving demo
    rides and was very impressed with all the changes made as compared to our last
    2014 RTS. My wife even said she would start riding again if we got it.
    I just hope she lets me ride it some.

Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Congrats! I was very impressed when I took my demo ride.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Congrats! I was very impressed when I took my demo ride.
    Thanks.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

GiddyUp, I demoed a 2020 RTL at Power Sports, Eustis today, man, it was the smoothest machine I've ever ridden, lots of pep so easy to ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    GiddyUp, I demoed a 2020 RTL at Power Sports, Eustis today, man, it was the smoothest machine I've ever ridden, lots of pep so easy to ride.
    I have to agree with you on that.
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Congratulations Toby; glad you were able to make the deal on the one you wanted.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Congratulations Toby; glad you were able to make the deal on the one you wanted.
    Thanks, I actually got a better deal than I thought I would from Kingsbay Power Sports in
    Kingsland, GA.
    I have been dealing with these fine folks for many years and have always been treated very fairly and received the
    best in service from them. This makes 9 motorcycles that we have purchased from them in the last 14 years.

Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bodymanpainter View Post
    As the title states I traded my 2016 F3T today for a 2020 RTL dark chalk. I should get
    it by next Saturday hopefully as the dealer had to get it from another dealer.
    I test rode one last Saturday when the BRP truck was at the dealers giving demo
    rides and was very impressed with all the changes made as compared to our last
    2014 RTS. My wife even said she would start riding again if we got it.
    I just hope she lets me ride it some.

Toby
    Congrats on the purchase. As someone who is evaluating both the 2020 F3/L and the 2020 RT/L I wanted to ask if there is a ride difference that made you pivot from the F3?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. As someone who is evaluating both the 2020 F3/L and the 2020 RT/L I wanted to ask if there is a ride difference that made you pivot from the F3?
    Yes, the ride on the RTL is a world of difference compared to the F3 and you can still change the set up as far as the short reach handle bars
    and I really like the bigger floor boards so you have many different foot positions and the ride is super quite. I almost could do with out the
    driver's backrest as the new seat is much more comfortable but opted for it any way. The RTL handles just as well as the F3 dose on the open road
    and you can feel the extra room for the driver and passenger plus the added storage space.
    They are both great bikes you just need to ride both and make you on decision.

Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

From what we are reading...there is a lot of that going around. I am going to start a new thread where people can post up that they have purchased a new 2020 RT. It will be interesting and will help the members who like to keep track of these things. Keep up the individual posts, but add your new purchase to the "tally."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the intel. Yep; I plan to have multiple ride opportunities before I choose.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

on the new 2020 Spyder RTL Bodymanpainter!! Make sure and post a photo when you get it home.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    on the new 2020 Spyder RTL Bodymanpainter!! Make sure and post a photo when you get it home.
    Will do!
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    From what we are reading...there is a lot of that going around. I am going to start a new thread where people can post up that they have purchased a new 2020 RT. It will be interesting and will help the members who like to keep track of these things. Keep up the individual posts, but add your new purchase to the "tally."
    Sure will, Thanks.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

That's what I did too. Went to the dealer for a test ride and came home with a new bike.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

I am going for a test ride on March 12th when the truck will be in Daytona. I too am planning on pulling the trigger hopefully on a red chrome, however not seen a red or blue one yet. One question for someone that has a 2020 RTL Chrome. Are the front wheels black and chrome? I would think for $1500 extra the wheels would be all chrome. I want chrome wheels especially for the extra $$$. My dealer here only has a chalk dark in stock. Thanks, Kim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kimrpaige View Post
    I am going for a test ride on March 12th when the truck will be in Daytona. I too am planning on pulling the trigger hopefully on a red chrome, however not seen a red or blue one yet. One question for someone that has a 2020 RTL Chrome. Are the front wheels black and chrome? I would think for $1500 extra the wheels would be all chrome. I want chrome wheels especially for the extra $$$. My dealer here only has a chalk dark in stock. Thanks, Kim
    I didn't like the chrome wheels from the pics on the BRP website. Once I got to the dealership and saw them in person I liked them.20200216_164000.jpg