Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default HeliBars Horizon HSTX handlebars, 2015+ Can Am F3 & 2020+ RT

We have a new product that we really like. We are installing a set on our new Spyder 2020 RT.

HeliBars Horizon HSTX handlebars, 2015+ Can Am F3 & 2020+ RT
    http://store.valueaccessories.net/He...rsF3andRT.aspx

We have had these bars on multiple bikes. They are the best there is for being able to adjust to just about anyone
    HSTX08141.jpg.
    HSTX08141-3.jpg
    Last edited by rick_w; 02-28-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    We have a new product that we really like. We are installing a set on our new Spyder 2020 RT.

We have had these bars on multiple bikes. They are the best there is for being able to adjust to just about anyone
    HSTX08141.jpg.
    Rick, I am a tall rider at 6’7”. I know that you can rotate the bars forward and back which will alter their height, but are you able to give me an approximate height of the bars. Say a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the grips at the tip for the F3 shown in the photo?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hey Pete, it's been a while since I've had a set of these things, buuut, cos the Helibar Grip/bar-end units are mounted on a swivel that's sort of a 'mini-riser', and the handle bars fitted onto the Spyder itself aren't usually mounted exactly vertical or even at identical pull back angles from bike to bike, that usually means the mini-riser Helibars swivel bit on each end isn't vertical either... So as you swivel the grips on the mini-risers forwards & back, the ends of the grips will swing thru an arc & get higher & lower.....

So the measurement you are asking for is at best only an approximation, and it'll vary a fair bit depending upon which actual 'base bar' is on the Spyder; how upright or pulled back that base bar is actually mounted & how high in its arc of adjustment that puts it; how vertical the Helibar grips are mounted on the ends of the base bar; and exactly what angle the Helibar grips are set at; probably with the addition of a few more things that I've forgotten too!

But IIRC, the 'Swivel Housing' of the Helibars raises the grip about 50mm/2" above the ends of the base bar ends - hence the 'mini-riser' bit! And then the rotation of the Helibars on the base bar & the rotation of the Helibars on their swivel can add or take away maybe close to just as much height again. Assuming that cos your a pretty large bloke, you are probably going to want the base bars pushed as far forwards & vertical as they can go, and you'll probably do much the same with mounting the Helibar swivels onto the base bar (altho that might change a little depending upon your preferences as to the exact angle you want your grips to be at?!) you'll probably get about the same sort of rise or lift that you'd get from 100mm/4" Dog-bone risers.... but as I said, your preferences may vary, & it has been a while too!

Still, hope that helps juuust a liddle bit.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

VERY NICE.
    I had a set of Helibars on my ST1100.
    They were great.
    BRP had the Tri-Axis bars for the 2010-2019.
    This could be just the ticket for the 2020 RT.
    I'm loving this.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looking at the Helibar website I have two observations. The wrist angle adjustment is a great feature. That is the one thing I wish the Tri-Axis handlebars would have had. With them the closer to you that you set them the greater the wrist has to bend sideways. On the other hand one advantage, I think, of the Tri-Axis handlebar is that making an adjustment is quick and fairly easy. That makes it practical to change the position for a change in comfort when you travel long distances. It appears changes aren't as quick and easy to make on the Helibar. I've been using the Tri-Axis for about 5 years now.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    .....the Tri-Axis handlebar is that making an adjustment is quick and fairly easy. That makes it practical to change the position for a change in comfort when you travel long distances. It appears changes aren't as quick and easy to make on the Helibar. I've been using the Tri-Axis for about 5 years now.

True, but because of the different type of bars, you simply can't fit the Tri-Axis bars onto a 2020 RT or any F3..... hence the growing number of recommendations for the Helibars!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter. Yeah, I understand there are lots of variations when taking a measurement, but if I know the measurement is based on the F3 in the photo, I will get a pretty good approximation. I am currently using Lamonts Billy Club (mini ape) bars, which are great, but the wrist angle is a bit off for me. I need a bit more height because Daylong lifted my seat 1.5” for the hip/knee angle, and as you know, I am a little taller than average. Even Lamont’s bars don’t look tall when I’m behind them
    977B0AB0-711F-4BBC-A000-D598523701CE.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    True, but because of the different type of bars, you simply can't fit the Tri-Axis bars onto a 2020 RT or any F3..... hence the growing number of recommendations for the Helibars!
    Yes, I know! But I just wanted to point out that the Helibars, although great, aren't the perfect solution! Of course, the perfect solution doesn't exist, and never has!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thanks Peter. Yeah, I understand there are lots of variations when taking a measurement, but if I know the measurement is based on the F3 in the photo, I will get a pretty good approximation. I am currently using Lamonts Billy Club (mini ape) bars, which are great, but the wrist angle is a bit off for me. I need a bit more height because Daylong lifted my seat 1.5” for the hip/knee angle, and as you know, I am a little taller than average. Even Lamont’s bars don’t look tall when I’m behind them
    The solution is simple! Buy the Helibar and put it on your current F3. Then regardless of what you buy or keep you'll have it as the solution. If you buy, transfer it! If you don't, keep it!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The solution is simple! Buy the Helibar and put it on your current F3. Then regardless of what you buy or keep you'll have it as the solution. If you buy, transfer it! If you don't, keep it!
    Yep, that is exactly what I planned to do, Idaho. BUT...... They are expensive and I do not want to go to the expense of buying them in Aussie$ and getting them shipped out here only to find they do not give me enough height. That’s why I am after the approximate height.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Yep, that is exactly what I planned to do, Idaho. BUT...... They are expensive and I do not want to go to the expense of buying them in Aussie$ and getting them shipped out here only to find they do not give me enough height. That’s why I am after the approximate height.

Pete
    They are up to 4 inches higher then stock height.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    They are up to 4 inches higher then stock height.
    Brilliant......thanks Rick......there will be an order heading your way in the next couple of days ����

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

The open ends of the bars closest to the center hub seem perfect for add-on extension pieces for attaching other items such as bottle holder and cell phone/gps......
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Stock bars compared to HeliBars.
    HSTX08141-5.jpg
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

I assume this would still fit?20200229_210313.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    I assume this would still fit?20200229_210313.jpg
    The Docking Stations will work with the Helibars. The F3 station will work fine, with a modification of longer Spacers and longer bolts so there is clearance for the Nut on the bottom side of the RAM Ball. We will be seeing about getting a kit together for this also.
    Attached is a picture of the F3 docking station on the RT 2020.
    20200301_183019[1].jpg
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Default HeliBars Horizon HSTX handlebars, 2015+ Can Am F3 & 2020+ RT

Rick, I have a 2020 RT Ltd and have added a phone holder, cup holder and GPS.
    My question is will the HeliBar system allow me to to add a phone holder as noted in the attached picture?

Thanks
    cintrog
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I I just installed HeliBars on my 2018 F3L. About as easy as it gets. Since there are so many different adjustments I was able to fine tune them to fit me exactly. Even that only takes a few minutes.Hands and wrists really like them as well as my shoulders.

I highly recommend them.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cintrog View Post
    Rick, I have a 2020 RT Ltd and have added a phone holder, cup holder and GPS.
    My question is will the HeliBar system allow me to to add a phone holder as noted in the attached picture?

Thanks
    cintrog
    Room enough on my F3L. If the cup holder mount is the same size or smaller then it will work. Bars are the same for both models.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Brilliant......thanks Rick......there will be an order heading your way in the next couple of days ����

Pete
    Hey der,
    Did you ever order these? If so, thoughts compared to the Billy Clubs? Thx

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I installed a set of Helibars two weeks ago on my 2020 RT and cannot believe how comfortable the ride is now. I installed phone and cup holders by Ram mount and added USB power as the final touch. Buy the Helibars, you will love them.
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

This is one of the mods I ordered for my 2020 RT as well, as a set for my wife's 2018 F3L. Comfortable ride makes for a long ride that makes for more smo
    Smiles.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Hey der,
    Did you ever order these? If so, thoughts compared to the Billy Clubs? Thx
    No Troop.....I lied. Well, actually, very shortly after I said that, my super fund investment balance went through the floor due to Corona Virus, and is still just lying there, all beat up. I won’t be buying ANYTHING for a little while. Sorry..

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

I hear ya ..

Right now, I am currently using the OEM bar in the fully raised position. I tried the long reach bar, but it was too low for my taste. I guess I'm looking for taller than OEM with the longer reach of the long reach bar.
    For those with the Helibars installed, what is the width of your bars from grip end > grip end (yup, I know that's adjustable) ? Thanks

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Bump for an answer

For those with the Helibars installed, what is the width of your handlebars from grip end > grip end (end of the grips, not the caps) And, yup, I know that's adjustable ? Thanks

2022 RT Sea To Sky