Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations, Bill! Very happy we could help. Enjoy the new ride!! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Hey good for you. I knew you would love it. Ride Boley Ride. Now we need a picture.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thanks Pirate.....I didn’t know that.......luckily, sheer performance is no longer the prime consideration for me, although I do enjoy getting the F3 moving on the odd occasion. I imagine Jase from ECU Xtreme will soon have an ECM upgrade available for the 2020 models which will give me enough zip.

Pete
    That should fix that for you!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I sat on a new RT last weekend. Overall, it looks weird somehow compared to my 2014 RT-S (but then, I thought all Spyders looked weird when they first came out). The longer floorboards just look a bit off, IMO.

Sitting on it was vastly different. I've read over the years of many Spyder riders grousing about how cramped the stock seating position was, necessitating a different saddle that positions them back a few inches and lets them stretch their legs. Well, BRP was listening, and the new Spyder indeed sits you back.

Except, shorter riders like me (5', 7", with a 30" inseam) now have the opposite problem. On my 2014, the brake pedal is right next to my foot. Just pivot up on the heel, move the foot leftward a bit, and the pedal's right there. On the 2020, the brake pedal is forward and up a bit from my toe; I have to lift my entire foot and move it up and forward. I noticed it helps if I pivot my right hip a bit. Not liking that; not sure how that'll affect reaction time. Shorter women riders may have the same problem.

And .... it just looks a bit odd to me. And all that flat black plastic is gonna be a pain to keep clean.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Baxter, I now have given some thought on cleaning the flat black (matte), my sales guy says use S100 and keep it hydrated so it doesn't turn from sun and elements. I'm not sure if that's good advice or not. So I'm looking for a good product to use. Yikes, the foot brake, I was thinking the wife was gonna get her trike endorsement so she could drive this thing later on, she's kind of short, so this may be a problem. I did not think of that when I bought. Maybe there will be aftermarket extension.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, the general consensus from those fairly tall/fairly short riders who have sat on/ridden the 20RT appears to be that it is not going to suit long legged or short legged riders in its current form, Bikerbill. It appears that they have designed it to suit “average leg Joe” (which is quite understandable), and give them the ability to move their feet around while riding, but without the adjustability of the U-Fit system it is not great for other leg lengths.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Baxter, I now have given some thought on cleaning the flat black (matte), my sales guy says use S100 and keep it hydrated so it doesn't turn from sun and elements. I'm not sure if that's good advice or not. So I'm looking for a good product to use. Yikes, the foot brake, I was thinking the wife was gonna get her trike endorsement so she could drive this thing later on, she's kind of short, so this may be a problem. I did not think of that when I bought. Maybe there will be aftermarket extension.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red