Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Spyder Body Panel Fix (Warranty Bulletin)

Good morning!

Just a heads up BRP released a dealer bulletin this morning regarding the "Abnormal gaps around the rear cargo module access covers". They state parts will be available for dealers to order by April 30th (and obviously will covered under standard dealer warranty procedures). Part number(s) required are 708303754 (left side) and/or 708303755 (right side).

Hope this helps and gives those with a 2020 or thinking about a 2020 some piece of mind.

Ride safe!

-David Levitt @ Sierra Cycles

Spyder Garage

Awesome news! Thank you for sharing. What is the bulletin number?
    Last edited by cptjam; 02-20-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Sorry I should have included that. It is from Campaign # 2020-0006 and bulletin # 2020-4.

Spyder Garage

Yet another fix from brp Quality control team, pity they didn’t sort this out on the production line, A quality price not a Quality product, when are brp going to get Quality right? Please don’t get me wrong I love the hole spyder concept thing but at $28,000 there are lots of nice things out there with better build quality and reliability!! Just wish brp could get there act together,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SierraCycles View Post
    Good morning!

Just a heads up BRP released a dealer bulletin this morning regarding the "Abnormal gaps around the rear cargo module access covers". They state parts will be available for dealers to order by April 30th (and obviously will covered under standard dealer warranty procedures). Part number(s) required are 708303754 (left side) and/or 708303755 (right side).

Hope this helps and gives those with a 2020 or thinking about a 2020 some piece of mind.

Ride safe!

-David Levitt @ Sierra Cycles
    Ultimately the serial range of the vehicles involved will be the most valuable data for a prospective buyer. The 2020 is on my potential buy list but I’ll want one outside of this range.

Spyder Garage

Dates and numbers are all good signs. Let's give BRP the chance to get this done right. This is a better chance for them to get it right the first time, rather than a rush job that will need additional tweeks.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Yet another fix from brp Quality control team, pity they didn’t sort this out on the production line, A quality price not a Quality product, when are brp going to get Quality right? Please don’t get me wrong I love the hole spyder concept thing but at $28,000 there are lots of nice things out there with better build quality and reliability!! Just wish brp could get there act together,
    I must disagree with you. Another fix is a good thing. Would rather have a fix coming on a cosmetic issue rather than hold up production for an additional 3 months. ( I am biased as I have one on order, and my current RT is riding great.) Sure we would all want to have an error free....whatever, but mistakes happen. I am glad there are people on here that are persistent in there observation and opinion of what will make a better experience for us all. You say you love the spyder concept, but you don't mention in your bio if you have one?

For the last 10 years for me, BRP has stood with there product and made numerous improvements. In the beginning there were safety issues, that I thank members on this forum for screaming about, and it worked, they listened. These issues were not to be found on the assembly line. They were not cosmetic. Road worthy testing had it's limits. The reliability of these machines has been the biggest improvement, so if you have been on the sidelines the last 12 years, it's time to pluck down that $28K, as you can't take it to the grave. However I am sure someone will one day be buried with their spyder.

In fact their quality and innovation with their riding gear is by far superior to what's out there in the market place. However with that comes a steep price tag. So whenever someone is selling on here there can-am riding gear, see if it is your size as it has been made with the highest quality materials. And no I am not selling my riding gear, until I give up riding.

JMO

TicketBait
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-20-2020 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spell check

Spyder Garage

Default Here it is.

Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Glad to see a fix is in the works.
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5
    2010 Orbital Blue RTS SM5
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Stephen , when my low mileage Honda Goldwing rear subframe cracked and broke and I researched and found it was a very common occurence. My wing , which I once thought was the pinnacle of quality and workmanship was now just another vehicle with quality control issues , one that was not just cosmetic , but DANGEROUS. Point is , every vehicle made has issues, 2 pieces of plastic that don't line up is minor in my world. Enjoy the ride.
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5
    2010 Orbital Blue RTS SM5
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    I must disagree with you. Another fix is a good thing. Would rather have a fix coming on a cosmetic issue rather than hold up production for an additional 3 months. ( I am biased as I have one on order, and my current RT is riding great.) Sure we would all want to have an error free....whatever, but mistakes happen. I am glad there are people on here that are persistent in there observation and opinion of what will make a better experience for us all. You say you love the spyder concept, but you don't mention in your bio if you have one?

For the last 10 years for me, BRP has stood with there product and made numerous improvements. In the beginning there were safety issues, that I thank members on this forum for screaming about, and it worked, they listened. These issues were not to be found on the assembly line. They were not cosmetic. Road worthy testing had it's limits. The reliability of these machines has been the biggest improvement, so if you have been on the sidelines the last 12 years, it's time to pluck down that $28K, as you can't take it to the grave. However I am sure someone will one day be buried with their spyder.

In fact there quality and innovation with their riding gear is by far superior to what's out there in the market place. However with that comes a steep price tag. So whenever someone is selling on here there can-am riding gear, see if it is your size as it has been made with the highest quality materials. And no I am not selling my riding gear, until I give up riding.

JMO

TicketBait
    We are still using the jackets which I purchased new in 2008.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not a lot to complain about cosmetically on this problem if you have bothered to look at several examples in person. At least the ones that I have seen the gap is barely noticeable and if you were not aware of it you wouldn't see it. Unless something else developes I think they did the right thing putting it on the market and fixing it under warranty.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

On my 2020 Spyder RT Limited the noticeable issue is where the rubber that is supposed to cover where the back of the passenger handle goes into the plastic and is not a good fit. Compared to the issues I had with my 2012 Spyder RT, this is nothing and I am happy to get out riding rather than wait for perfection.
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

This is good news.
    My 2020 is yet to be built. I wonder if it will come with the corrected body panels.
    Thanks for the update.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Mine hasn't shipped, yet. That's not to say it hasn't already been built and sitting in a box somewhere waiting to be shipped. Either way, I don't care. I know it'll be taken care of.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Any news on the irregular fitting in the 2020s? Any updates coming?

Might be a no go

Spyder Garage

The reports are the newer runs don't have this problem. The "fix" or replacement panels has been delayed by this virus junk. Personally, I don't consider it a big deal and have full confidence in BRP and making it right.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

In fact their quality and innovation with their riding gear is by far superior to what's out there in the market place. However with that comes a steep price tag. So whenever someone is selling on here there can-am riding gear, see if it is your size as it has been made with the highest quality materials. And no I am not selling my riding gear, until I give up riding.

JMO

TicketBait
    Well said, there are detractors of everything everywhere, in my experience, BRP came correct on the NSTB overheating bulletin on my 2013 RT LIMITED, retrofitting my Spyder with a cooling kit that helped Tremendously.

I signed a sale contract for a 2020 Spyder RT Limited today (4/25/2020) because the new Spyder is a great leap forward from my 2013. Looking forward to picking it up on the 28th.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a full copy of the "Abnormal Gaps Around the Rear Cargo Access Covers" bulletin 2020-4 Campaign 2020-006? I would like to see what they intend to replace and see if I need to remove the new fusebox I installed in my saddlebag.
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

Default This message is for upsdoctor

How's this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk