Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate F3 Floorboards

My legs do not like to be kept in one position too long. My old RT (2012) had the Seal floorboards and the ability to move around some really made a difference in riding. The only floorboards I can find that seem long enough to move your feet around looks like the Ultimate F3 Floorboards. I have a F3 Ltd with the factory floorboard, but not enough room to move. Anybody using these floorboards who can recommend for or against? Thanks.
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

I have the Ultimate F3 Floorboards on my 2016 F3-T and I absolutely love them. Can not recommend them enough, they are the best. Makes getting off an on easier as well.
    2016 F3-T , Lamonster break pedal extender White

Spyder Garage

2019 spyder f3 t ::: Just installed mine week ago an just love them. Lots room to move feet around, makes getting off an on much easier.
    Would buy again if I had to....
    2019 F3 t , Black

Spyder Garage

I have them on a 2019 F3t and love them. Be sure to get your pegs adjusted to the most comfortable position before you order them as there are 5 different floorboards to choose from, it's just the bolthole position that's different.

Spyder Garage

I have them on my 2018 F3T. They are fantastic. Wonderful to move your feet around. Also makes it much easier to get on and off. Extremely well made. When I took my Spyder in for maintenance, the garage manager said everyone was asking about them, and tried them out. Worth every penny.

floorboards.jpg
    Last edited by carsong; 02-21-2020 at 10:51 PM. Reason: adding picture
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

PS...Mine are position 5.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

I've had mine for 2 years. They made life on the f3 even more comfortable than before. Great addition!
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

i made mine...
    6'2" and comfie as can be...
    20170726_173545.jpg 20170726_173603.jpg 20170726_173625.jpg
    i also can not ride very long with my foot in one place... a bad hip is my reason for making these...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    i made mine...
    6'2" and comfie as can be...
    20170726_173545.jpg 20170726_173603.jpg 20170726_173625.jpg
    i also can not ride very long with my foot in one place... a bad hip is my reason for making these...
    I have the same issue and would be very interested to know more about the materials used and method of installation. I appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Ultimate floor boards ROCK! I just installed them on my 2019 F3 (base) and not only do they look great but make it much easier to get on and off now. IT's also very nice to be able to move your feet while riding to any position to make your feet more comfortable. I ordered them from camanspyderaccessories.com (Pierre) he was very easy to work with and you can call him to ask any questions regarding installation. If I can also add that they are very durable as I weight north of 300lbs and they handle my weight with ease
    Hope this helps

Arcamguy
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

Just curious, a question for everyone posting in this thread--are you seeing the brake pedal issue that others have seen in another thread in this same forum? Is it an issue just with the full brake pedal, with the position on the UFIT, or is it random? I like the look of the floorboards and like that it eliminates the need for a third peg, but I'm curious about other's experiences with before I commit. I noticed that carsong mentions a block that Pierre sells (that is also included with his full brake pedal), so I'm also wondering if everyone has implemented that as well.

Sorry, lots of questions!

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Chemist, I am one of those who has an issue with the brake pedal contacting the front of the Ultimate board before it reaches full travel. I am running in position 5. Unfortunately, Pierre has never got back to either his Aussie distributor or myself about the actual cause of the issue, so we are only speculating......but the fact he has not responded does say something about his after sales support, especially when it involves brakes. I did try the pedal block, but that had no effect as it was the bottom of the brake assembly touching the board, not the pedal itself. I am using the stock pedal.

It appears that the issue only occurs with the position 5 boards, but that has not been proven conclusively. If you do have a problem, you can fix it by cutting a small piece (say 2” x 2” out of the front inside of the board and repainting it with tray bed paint. They are a good board, but if you are long legged, they lose some of their effectiveness as you tend to mount from the ground and only use the front half of the board when riding anyway. I have moved back to my 18” Lamonster RIP boards which give me more than enough foot movement.

Sorry, I know this doesn’t give you many definitive answers, but there may be some points you can take away.....

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by chemist View Post
    Just curious, a question for everyone posting in this thread--are you seeing the brake pedal issue that others have seen in another thread in this same forum? Is it an issue just with the full brake pedal, with the position on the UFIT, or is it random? I like the look of the floorboards and like that it eliminates the need for a third peg, but I'm curious about other's experiences with before I commit. I noticed that carsong mentions a block that Pierre sells (that is also included with his full brake pedal), so I'm also wondering if everyone has implemented that as well.

Sorry, lots of questions!

Thanks!
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jhmac View Post
    I have the same issue and would be very interested to know more about the materials used and method of installation. I appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks
    i'm a retired design engineer, and designed these and had a local manufacturer laser cut them out of 3/8" flat stock... they also powder coated them... they are mounted via existing holes in the frame: 2 bolts, nuts & washers is all you need... 1 of the exhaust springs is a pain in the butt, however, you can work around that... best of luck on your DIY project in building your own...
    BTW: the manufacturer required me to buy 6 of these because that's what they got from one sheet of stock... $2000 later i was riding in style...
    SPYD3RMAN DAN
    Easley, SC

Spyder Garage

Just a few pics from my install of my ultimate floorboards. I ordered them in position # 4 and no problem with the brake pedal hitting or any clearance issues. These boards look great and are very durable.

Arcamguy
    20200308_124024.jpg20200308_132344.jpg20200308_132337.jpg20200308_124033.jpg
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

Very nice--good pics! I just ordered the +1 brake linkage myself, so this is a good reference. Maybe I'll see you around town!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LLSailor View Post
    My legs do not like to be kept in one position too long. My old RT (2012) had the Seal floorboards and the ability to move around some really made a difference in riding. The only floorboards I can find that seem long enough to move your feet around looks like the Ultimate F3 Floorboards. I have a F3 Ltd with the factory floorboard, but not enough room to move. Anybody using these floorboards who can recommend for or against? Thanks.
    First mod I did. Bad knees and needed a way to move legs around and get on easier. The best mod yet. I am 6'2" w/35"inseam. The #5 setting is still a little short for me, but I can hang my feet out over the end of these. Puts the brake peddle in a good position. No problem with peddle range. Can easily fully apply brake.

Regards,

Don
    67289095_10157375521144518_6379323978539859968_o.jpg45006867_10156750701454518_4322771518409932800_o.jpg
    2017 F3T , Triple Black