Spyder Garage

Question Heat coming up around front of seat.

Hey all,

My 2018 RTL pumps a lot of heat up around the front of the seat and along the edges of the side covers by the glove box. Really warms the crotch. My wife even complains about the heat under her but as well. We have tried the Air Hawk seat pads and it helps some but the heat still comes through.

My sister in law has a 2016 RTL and it does not seem to have so much heat flowing up under the seat. It also has inner plastic covers that appear to close off the hot air much better than the outer panels do.

I have thought about adding weatherstrip to help seal off the area but the inner panels look like a better option.

Anyone out there have similar issues with hot seats on late model RTL's?

Thanks,

Richard
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-19-2020 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Prefix & title
    2018 RTL , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

The quickest and easiest way to reduce bleeding heat that I know of is to remove the undercarriage panels. Some call them 'Spash' panels. I think BRP calls them 'Deflector' panels. I am not talking about the skid plates located under the Frunk. You definitely need those.

The panels I am referring to are located behind the skid plates and directly under the engine. You basically have a sealed compartment which houses both the engine and exhaust. In a car, the lower portion of the engine compartment is open and gives somewhere for all that hot air to go. But with the Spyder, there isn't really anywhere for all that hot air to go. So, it pushes out wherever it can. You might try that first before going to the effort trying to seal up all the openings that are affecting riders. Makes an oil change TONS easier as well.

If you don't get the results you want. You can just put the panels back on.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The quickest and easiest way to reduce bleeding heat that I know of is to remove the undercarriage panels. Some call them 'Spash' panels. I think BRP calls them 'Deflector' panels. I am not talking about the skid plates located under the Frunk. You definitely need those.

The panels I am referring to are located behind the skid plates and directly under the engine. You basically have a sealed compartment which houses both the engine and exhaust. In a car, the lower portion of the engine compartment is open and gives somewhere for all that hot air to go. But with the Spyder, there isn't really anywhere for all that hot air to go. So, it pushes out wherever it can. You might try that first before going to the effort trying to seal up all the openings that are affecting riders. Makes an oil change TONS easier as well.

If you don't get the results you want. You can just put the panels back on.
    And while your doing what Ron said install a set of the BRP air ducts that was the heat fix for the 2013 RT's and your heat problem will be solved...larryd

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I'll try removing the panels first. Are the air scoops still available?
    2018 RTL , Asphalt Gray