Spyder Garage

Spyder wiring diagram 2019 can am spyder limited heated seats

Hi all

this is my first post so be gentle LOL I just got my first bike late last year. Generally I love it I am in process of adding some extras

I would like to separate the drivers heated handles from the heated seats so i can control them independently. I am planning on putting a rocker switch next to the others switches my goal is to make a patch cable so that i dont have to modify the factory wiring .

I bought the Online manual but the wiring diagrams does not include information for the heated seat and has very limited information on the heated handle bars Does anyone have a wiring diagram or have a good source when i can get wiring diagram for the heated seats/handlebars

thanks

martin
    2019 can am Spyder RT limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrat View Post
    Hi all

this is my first post so be gentle LOL I just got my first bike late last year. Generally I love it I am in process of adding some extras

I would like to separate the drivers heated handles from the heated seats so i can control them independently. I am planning on putting a rocker switch next to the others switches my goal is to make a patch cable so that i dont have to modify the factory wiring .

I bought the Online manual but the wiring diagrams does not include information for the heated seat and has very limited information on the heated handle bars Does anyone have a wiring diagram or have a good source when i can get wiring diagram for the heated seats/handlebars

thanks

martin
    & good luck. However doubtful BRP wiring would allow such modifications already a number of complaints of the complications just adding lights for safety. There should be a separate section for the passenger controls, not sure if shared on same fuse

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I've done this to a 2017RT. The rear seat control is prewired from the factory on my bike so it just needed to be connected to the seat. The connector was tucked under the left rear hand grip and the two stage control switches were set into the front of the left handgrip.

The front seat I wired independently. I picked up an ignition switched supply and fed it to the centre pins of a double pole, double throw rocker switch. Each end of the rocker was connected to its own relay. The cables were led out from the switch to the left side of the bike. A direct battery supply, via a fuse, was tapped off the end of the alternator positive and a ground tapped off an alternator bolt and both were led up to the switch cables. The cables were taken rearwards and fed under the under-seat plastic. The relays were mounted on a chassis rail close by the big hole where the seat pressure switch cables emerge and the supply and switch cables were connected to the relays. The out supply to the seat from the relays was taken through the same hole as the seat pressure switch cable and led along to the seat heater cables, being sure to clip them to the seat base so as not to be strained by the opening of the seat nor trapped when the seat is closed.

The cables were initially spot taped together but then wrapped to form a harness and clipped as necessary to prevent chafing.

A word on the front seat heater. There are two elements in parallel, they are joined at one end of each element so you can wire them as you prefer. If you wire them in series you effectively get one long element and it is just warm. If you wire them in parallel you get maximum heat and if you wire just one of them you get about half heat. I say 'about half heat' because on my seat the elements had different resistances so one was a hotter element than the other. You decide what suits you and wire from the relays accordingly.

I use one element for low heat and both elements for maximum heat. This was done by connecting the elements' common to ground and supplying each element from one of the relays.

You need to incorporate a diode into the switching circuit so that pressing one end of the rocker energises both relays and pressing the other end energises only one relay. You can do this either at the switch or at the relays. Any general purpose diode will work but I prefer the 1N5... series because they are chunky and physically strong so well suited to being shaken and rattled on a bike. A 1N5001 or 1N5002 would do nicely and are low cost. If you prefer something physically smaller, choose a 1N4001 or 1N4002.

I'll draw you a diagram and post it later.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

Here ya go...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Google brp installation instructions. Under part name search for heated seat, then go down to roadster heated seat. The instructions will show you where the seat wiring plugs into the bike harness. From there you can use the service manual wiring diagram to figure out what to do.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)