Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Here's my vote: Shoei Neotc II : https://www.shoei-helmets.com/helmets/neotec-ii.html It's SENA SRL & SRL2 compatible.
    neotec-ii_white_1.jpg

Spyder Garage

Wife and I both wear Shoei J-Cruise, love them.

Steve

Spyder Garage

Check out the Shark Evo one 2. Real good feature is the chin bar raises up and over the back, making it streamlined to ride in 3/4 style.
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Not really sure where to put this, so.......

I have a couple of lids, one I like and 1 that needs to be upgraded. My daily helmet is a Bell Mag 9 SENA. (I run a SENA all the time. I like my tunage.) It's a great 3/4 lid w/a good face shield but sometimes (rain or cold) I feel the need for more coverage. That brings me to my 2nd lid. I have an HJC RPHA Max modular. I don't do full face helmets and have always drifted towards modulars for more protection. My HJC isn't cut out for speakers and it's design means that it's not compatible w/a SENA mount (I don't really trust the stick on mounts).

I'm looking for a modular with good venting, speaker cutouts and a design that allows for a SENA. I'm not opposed to a helmet that has a proprietary BT built in. I tend to look @ Revzilla first and if I find something I like, look around for a better price. Most of the time, Revzilla has the best (or really close) prices so I buy there.

I have a pretty tight budget but I know some of the bargain basement helmets are better than nothing but not by much.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Savage.jpegCavalry.jpegMomentum EVO.jpegSENA LOGO.jpeg
    All of these are in stock and ready to go
    Call me MotorcycleDave.com 209-887-3283

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Bummer.. Guess it goes to show all heads are different. Does the RPHA use the sliding lever on top of the helmet? If so, it'll crap out again over time. I have/had other HJC's with that set-up. All the springs lose tension over time.
    No. I wish it did like the RPHA Max. The RPHA 90 has the slider on the bottom edge and is cable driven. That's what took a dump last time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Wife and I both wear Shoei J-Cruise, love them.

Steve
    The J-Cruise looked ok but I wanted another modular. I have dry eyes and any 3/4 lid gets wind in my eyes making things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MNF3 View Post
    Check out the Shark Evo one 2. Real good feature is the chin bar raises up and over the back, making it streamlined to ride in 3/4 style.
    I thought about that but the reviews said it was more round than intermediate oval. The problem I had with the Scorpion was that it was a bit too round and hurt my forehead. Maybe the next generation of Shark Evo will be less round and I'll try it out.