Spyder Garage

Default Brake Pedal with Ultimate Floor Boards

I have a 2019 F3L and have the Ultimate Floor Boards mounted on it in position #4. I also have the larger brake pedal pad mounted on it.

My concern is that there is not much room for the brake pedal to travel before it hits the floor board. I am afraid that if I have to really stand on the brake pedal for an emergency stop that the pedal will bottom out and hit the floor board.

Has anyone else experienced this and or does anyone know of a fix that I can do to raise the pedal up some?

thanks
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

If you are handy with tools, email me at zittenfields@Q.com. I did not like where my was at and I came up with a DIY fix to that problem. It allows you to place the pedal exactly where you need it.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Pierre sells a block that lifts the pedal a half inch or so. Works well.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

I emailed Pierre and he called me and assured me that I have nothing to worry about and the pedal will not hit.

I will give it a go and see what happens.

Spyder Garage

If you are at position #5 with the #5 Ultimate floor board the break pedal will hit. During normal riding you may not have an issue at all;I didn't. But out of curiosity I practiced a panic stop and the pedal hit the floor board and I coasted about 2 feet before coming to a stop. For good reason that freaked me out. I regretfully can't recall the name of the break adjustment kit I purchased but I was able raise the break pedal so that no matter how hard I press it was not make contact with the floor board.

As I can recall the adjustment kit was purchased on Ebay and is designed as an option to purchasing adjustment rods. With this kit you can adjust your breaks location and or its height.

BTW when I practiced the panic stop when my pedal hit the floor board it was as though I was stopping at a stop sign. If I were going too fast and trying to avoid rear ending a car I'd of been in deep

Spyder Garage

Yeah.......I’m still waiting for Pierre to call me back (from 6 months ago) with a fix, because “I have NEVER heard of the brake pedal hitting the board”..... Pierre’s words......He is full of bull****. I will never buy from him again. I ended up cutting a corner out of my board to allow the brake to fully extend, and respraying it with bed liner. The optional block did nothing to help as it was the bottom of the bracket that was catching. I don’t mind issues with accessories, but to claim there is no issue with the product when others have reported it is very shifty behaviour. AFED7EFD-A3A4-4F0B-8531-B609B4A71968.jpg

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by lloydw1 View Post
    If you are at position #5 with the #5 Ultimate floor board the break pedal will hit. During normal riding you may not have an issue at all;I didn't. But out of curiosity I practiced a panic stop and the pedal hit the floor board and I coasted about 2 feet before coming to a stop. For good reason that freaked me out. I regretfully can't recall the name of the break adjustment kit I purchased but I was able raise the break pedal so that no matter how hard I press it was not make contact with the floor board.

As I can recall the adjustment kit was purchased on Ebay and is designed as an option to purchasing adjustment rods. With this kit you can adjust your breaks location and or its height.

BTW when I practiced the panic stop when my pedal hit the floor board it was as though I was stopping at a stop sign. If I were going too fast and trying to avoid rear ending a car I'd of been in deep
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Very dangerous, made a complaint to the transport service Canada. To make a reminder on this article. Before you have a death. (Pierre Poliquin, accessoiresspydercanam) ???

Spyder Garage

I see your concern. I went out and checked mine, again. My pedal just clears the board. It is close, but it clears. I have a full size pedal, w/the block. Perhaps the pedal will travel more as the brakes wear down? I have less than 5000 miles on mine, and live in Florida, so my brake pads probably aren't worn too much. Taking a notch out of the board might not be a bad solution, if that is the case.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

Yeah, it wasn’t touching by much, Carson. Just touching the metal and then taking the coating off. See pic. Very frightening when you first tried to come to a stop. I thought I might somehow have the brake pedal base upside down, but Pierre didn’t say anything when I sent him the photo, so I assume it was mounted properly.
    5E10FDCB-A325-4E68-A519-DDC3A895AB0D.jpg

This was my workaround. Not ideal, but it works.
    7F4B97B3-38EC-4538-8E27-DEC5CF52A972.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carsong View Post
    Perhaps the pedal will travel more as the brakes wear down?
    The pedal will not drop as the pads wear, but the fluid level in the reservoir will drop.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

lloydw1:

Is there any way you can go on your Ebay account and find the item you purchased and share it with the group? Any pictures would also be a HUGE help

Thanks