Spyder Garage

Default Looking to purchase 2018 F3 Limited Chrome vs 2019 F3 Limited Chrome

Hello,
    I am looking at purchasing 2018 F3 Limited Chrome or 2019 F3 Limited chrome. Same price.
    Does anyone know the difference in 2018 vs 2019? Both are new from the dealer.

I like the color of the 2018, but want to know what improvements, if any would sway me towards the 2019.

Thanks,
    Randy

Spyder Garage

The 18 has the turn signals on the mirrors. 19 is on front fenders harder to see.
    The 18 has shamrock front wheels. 19 are different.
    Do not think there is anything else. If the 18 is much cheaper I would go for that one. Ethier one make sure the radio software is updated with 20.8 that is under the (about) in settings on the screen.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

All things being equal go for the latest model year; will help you on resale.

Spyder Garage

BRP is offering 0% financing on 2019 . always use OPM . other peoples money

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've used other peoples money but they always want it back !

Spyder Garage

Prices being the same - 2019 would be my choice because of what avbiz said (resale). One word of caution - either one of these bikes has been "sitting around" for awhile. Maybe it has been built - maybe it is still in the crate. I bought my 2019 RTL in October 2019 in MA and it was still crated. Once I got it home and started taking off some tupperware - I noticed that mice had been living with my Spyder. I checked all the wiring I could see (mice like to chew on wires) and I needed my leaf blower to remove all of their nesting material.
    So beware - and check it out very carefully. Good Luck!
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ride the one you like!! Year has nothing to do with it in this case. Its all about what you want for once. Very little difference between the two that JP58 has pointed out. Just make sure its the one you want.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Everything being equal...????? Expensive to change bike color.

Spyder Garage

If you think you might want to change out the reflectors on the fenders for lights (there are several vendors that offer them) then the 18 is a better bet. The vendors I'm aware of don't have kits for the 19 yet.

Plus on the 19's fender, the rear red reflector is a sticker while on the 18's it's a physical plastic reflector.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Spyderrg: Received your PM. Sent a reply. As some have said here, it's about price, price, price...not much difference except for color choices. I went 19 instead of 18 because the prices were better on the 19's for me and my trade.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red